Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

We are in the final stages of negotiating our copper canyon 2013 SF in Vancouver and being so close to the US border I was wondering if anyone else has held off getting the Canadian dealer priced accessories like floor mats, bug deflector etc installed on their new cars and getting them from the US dealers on a day trip over the border instead?

On another note when you do the Hyundai Canada build and price, accessories like floor mats are more expensive than when you look at the car specific accessory pricing if you were to walk into the dealer next day. Instead of getting a few hundred bucks off accessories thrown in I want the dealer to work on my trade in price and actual OTD price and then add on the accessories next month in Oregon where I pay no sales tax.

A I missing something or is this worth considering?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not 100% positive about Hyundais, but that's what I did with my last vehicle - a Honda CR-V. Accessories were A LOT cheaper south of the border!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Accessories and parts in general are always more expensive in Canada compared to the US , I emailed Hyundai Canada about it and they said it was because Canada and the US were 2 different markets, less people in Canada means higher prices for stuff??? It is cheaper for me to buy from the states even when you add shipping I still save money. They should wake up on the matter because most people will not pay 2 to 3 times what others are paying south of the border.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes, prices more than here, but many of the US residents are clamoring to get some of the accessories that are not available there...like our premium liners, cargo tray, roof cross bars etc. So before you exclude accessories from your deal, make sure they are avail in the US. Also, use the accessory only price. Often, the higher price in build your own takes into account labour for install. I offered an out the door price for my XL, including accessories WITHOUT labour costs. The price was so good anyway, I wouldn't have complained even for the build your own price of accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Think I will be checking the available accessories at Portland Hyundai and stocking up on my summer road trip down south.

This forum has answered so many of my questions already that I am only a few days away from taking the plunge with my first new car.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a Cargo cover from ebay fro $94.00 came from korea in 1 week. $260.00 at the dealer. I would like to know if the shark fin antenna on the US models will work on the canadian model. I like the look better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts