Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai Connectivity Upgrade
Hyundai is pleased to provide this free software upgrade for Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. This is a one-time upgrade — all subsequent software upgrades will be uploaded to your vehicle through Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.

https://hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found that site earlier, and was able to get the download by providing my VIN, strange thing is it already shows Andriod Auto on the display, I will have to check later today.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ooh, really? For Carplay?
Cool. (about time, Apple--LOL)
Yes. Apple CarPlay within iOS v12 coming out in September.

why google maps or waze?
Those are 2 of the most requested apps for Apple CarPlay, as both of them are far better map apps than Apple Maps. In addition, WAZE features some nice real-time traffic information and alternative routes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Too bad there's no support for the 2016 Santa Fe.

Any reason why the 2016 Tucson and Sonata are eligible for the download but the 2016 Santa Fe is not?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish they had firmware for the 2014 to talk to newer phones through the usb. I wanted to get into hi-res music, but hi-res music and Bluetooth are not a good combination. The only other avenue I can think of is a Dragonfly Red DAC, a USB OTG cable, really good 3.5mm cable and then use the aux port. No album art or anything will show on the main screen, but the audio signal should work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When Apple IOS version 12 comes out in September (or so)...it will include both Google Maps and WAZE...
HI I HAVE HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2017 GL AND I NEED SOFTWARE UPDATE FILES. I AM IN BELLEVILLE, ON, CA.
CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE THE UPDATE FILES TO GET APPLE CARPLAY.
THANKS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe sport 2.0T ultimate and very dissappointed that the previous owner didnt update the free software to apply carplay, I have notified Hyundai Canada and they apologize and said i will have to pay for it at $175 usd. which is highway robbery for carplay. If any one can give me a copy of there update would very much appreciated. I am located in Markham Ontario
Thanks
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts