Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, can someone perform a test on their Elantra? On either 4th, 5th, 6th gear, quickly downshift one gear and quickly dump the clutch. Does the clutch chatter/slip 3 times very quickly?

Thanks.

·
22,788 Posts
Canadian days and US days are kind of like our currencies. There's a difference based on the exchange rate. It's takes a bit longer for information to make it across the borders. I'm sure Xion's response is being carefully reviewed by those fine folks in Langley, Virginia. You should hear something as soon as it clears Customs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi CheckBlueGT
I have not noticed the chatter / slip you describe. I have a Sedan 2013 M/T with about 32K on it (Korean Build) since late October 2012. Having said that I always try to match Road and Tach speed. I am a Hyper miler so I am almost always between 1500 and 2200 rpm, and I am usually UP-shifting. I will try it, but it will be Sunday/Monday before the roads clear here in Massachusetts. Does anybody know how different the GT Transmission is from the MD Sedan?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried from 5th to 4th with 2500rpm... nothing special except the normal higher rpm... and deceleration.

But again here in montreal its -35oC so... might change the data a little.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for testing for me. My clutch system is all messed up and I only have 8,000 miles.

·
22,788 Posts
My clutch system is all messed up and I only have 8,000 miles.
Can't remember what you've said about the dealer(s) in your area in previous posts when having issues with your ride. Do you trust these guys to fix this under warranty? It certainly falls within the warranty timeframe. If (BIG "IF"), however, there's someone competent enough to diagnose and fix it.

It's a real shame that we can't clone sbr711 and have him installed into each of our service centers. I'd sure feel good about it. Not that my techs aren't good. They are. I just like his particular "style." :laughing:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't remember what you've said about the dealer(s) in your area in previous posts when having issues with your ride. Do you trust these guys to fix this under warranty? It certainly falls within the warranty timeframe. If (BIG "IF"), however, there's someone competent enough to diagnose and fix it.

It's a real shame that we can't clone sbr711 and have him installed into each of our service centers. I'd sure feel good about it. Not that my techs aren't good. They are. I just like his particular "style." :laughing:

I emailed SBR711, but he didn't reply to my email. I need to collect enough information before I take my car to the dealer. I'm still inside the 1 year/12,000 New Car warranty.

Reason I'm skeptical is because in the past with my Toyota, I went to the dealer for a screwed up ECU unit. I sacrificed a precious day of vacation from my work. The mechanic told me that he will diagnose and the problem and repair on the same day. I went to the dealer 3 times to get this ECU fixed.....3 vacation days gone.

·
22,788 Posts
I think I would have made this Point #1 when talking to the service manager at that Toyota dealership. Three times? Not fixed? And no loaner? I don't think so. If it had been me, there wasn't a hurricane strap attached to the roof of that department that could have held it onto the walls!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with family but I had time to check it out and nothing wrong, all seem normal to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts