Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all through these forums and am so confused. There are so many diff kinds, based on country. Also some say manual is wrong please, please help a n00b. Also I would like to know the lumens color of the led eyelids to match with replacement color of new fogs and headlights. Thank you. I have been looking for 2 weeks

So in summary

Headlight bulb #'s
Fog light #'s
Eyelids...color ex 6500k

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can tell you OEM hid is 4300k lumens. The eyelid color is probably morelike 5-6500k range. Be careful going tthat high though. As a long time projector retrofitter going higher than 4300k decreases usable light output. Especially when rain and snow come into play.

Read the hid topic in the swb forum lots of info there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I retrofitted mine and it is H11B bulb in the low-beams in US SFE Limited. I started with 6000k color temp which is close to the brows but I felt that the light output was less. Therefore, I am getting new 5000k bulbs. As the bulbs sit in a different place, it is pointless to match the brow color with bulb color.

I have looked all through these forums and am so confused. There are so many diff kinds, based on country. Also some say manual is wrong please, please help a n00b. Also I would like to know the lumens color of the led eyelids to match with replacement color of new fogs and headlights. Thank you. I have been looking for 2 weeks

So in summary

Headlight bulb #'s
Fog light #'s
Eyelids...color ex 6500k

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses. i have ordered the xenon HID look bulbs off ebay. i have 8500k ones in my KIA and they are a much nicer white look and brighter, so i tried that color for the santa fe. i havent noticed any issues with that color in my KIA as far as snow or rain. I opened the hood and saw the highs say H7. i havent checked the fogs, but the manual says H8. however the manual was wrong for the lows as it said H7 for those , but they were h11B's. so i guess i will have to look. i will post pics of my xenon 8500k installed when i install them soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can the Brows light be increased? very hard to see in daylight. anyone know the bulb # and are they LED's?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
can the Brows light be increased? very hard to see in daylight. anyone know the bulb # and are they LED's?
This has been discussed in another thread somewhere in the SFS subforum and the conclusion was (after several attempts to locate and speaking with the dealer) that it cannot be replaced without replacing the whole assembly. If I recall, the poster had one of his out and the dealer had to order the entire front headlight assembly. If someone can find otherwise, I would be interested. I have never looked myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't noticed purple? They look very white, friends saw last night and said they match the eyebrows . Can't get the pic to post.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Haven't noticed purple? They look very white, friends saw last night and said they match the eyebrows . Can't get the pic to post.
It's probably not a true 8500k then. False advertising.

True 8000k gives off a noticeable blue tint. I have 6500k and it's right on that line of white and blue and is nearly identical to the eyebrow.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The eyeline is LED and cannot be made brighter due to the internal design. They were never meant to be used as DRLs. That area in the fogs were. Even on the Cadenza/K7, the DRLs are separate from its other LED design. Without the cover piece.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks good...now get the fogs to match....no yellow
If I remember correctly his fogs are like mine 4300K which is white but they look yellow compared to the 6000 HIDs. And technically you want the fogs to have some yellow to them. To each his own but I like this look better than matching fogs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's what the Retro Fit Source had to say; We're certainly glad to recommend the best HID system to fit your Santa Fe. If you're not looking to get your hands dirty on a projector retrofit, one of the Elite HID systems will be a great choice to boost the performance from your stock headlights without too much work to install. I'll go over the options in the kit below in case you're not familiar with how all this stuff works.

The proper kit for your car is the H11 Mopar Elite Kit: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=18639

The system comes standard with our most popular Morimoto 3Five ballasts which put out an industry-standard 35w to give you about 3000 lumens per headlight (approx 3x your stock halogens). The 3Five's also help the bulbs operate at a cooler temperature, giving them a rated life of 2000 hours which is comparable to all factory HID systems. The alternative option is the Morimoto 5Five (50w), which boosts the output another 1000 or so lumens. The tradeoff here is the 5Five system runs hotter, so it's only rated to last and warrantied for three years compared to five for the 35w. For most people, we recommend 35w as the best overall option.

Looking at the bulb options, you'll see nothing above 6000K since any Kelvin beyond that sacrifices too much light in exchange for more color. We're more focused on performance vs looks here. As you move up the K range, you're getting more color but less intensity from the bulb. All vehicles with factory installed HID's run the brightest 4300K bulbs, giving you a warm white light. 5K sacrifices a tiny bit of intensity but gives you a pure white light to enhance contrast. 6K is still mostly white, but with a slight tinge of blue to it. 3K bulbs are super yellow, we really just recommend those for use in fog lights. Our buyers guide has a nice visual comparison o the Kelvin ratings here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech_hid_bulbs.php.

As far as wiring for your application, I recommend the Heavy Duty Relay, in the H11 size (to match your stock bulb type) This should be completely plug n play and allow the headlights to function perfectly.

If you have any other questions feel free to reply back and we'll be glad to help out. You can also give us a ring anytime during our business hours at 404-220-7940 and ask for me, though anybody else here should be able to answer your questions too.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got an HID kit with an H11 bulb, but for some reason it doesn't want to lock in. Anyone is having this issue??
I had a little bit of trouble with my bulbs from Retrofit Source. They fit in the slot, but wouldn't "click" in to place. Very tight though.

I originally considered trying to use my Dremel to shave the base, but after 7k miles, the bulbs haven't moved and are still as snug as day 1.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts