Hyundai Forums banner

Can someone help me find a affordable belt tensioner.

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  xaran 
#1 ·
2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.4L.

#3 ·
Auto Zone for aftermarket $ 94 https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/idler-pulley/hyundai/sonata/2012
Hyundaioemparts (Hyundai on line dealer list $353) thier cost $ 254 2011-2015 Hyundai Sonata Belt Tensioner 25280-2G652 | Delray Hyundai Parts
parts Geek aftermarket $46-85 12 2012 Hyundai Sonata Accessory Belt Tensioner - Cooling System - AC Delco, ACKOJA, API, Dayco, Gates, Genuine, INA, TRQ, Vaico, Inner, Outer - PartsGeek
Rock Auto for aftermarket $84-97. Id buy the AC Delco or the Gates 2012 HYUNDAI SONATA 2.4L L4 Belt Tensioner | RockAuto
EBay has aftermarket for $36 and from a coupel USA sellers OEM inHyundai box and Korea OEM for $ 126

Id either go Rock Auto and buy name brand Delco or gates or go OEM Hyundai off Ebay

#4 ·
Excuse my ignorance, but why do you need one for your car? Isn't the serp self-adjusting and it doesn't have a timing belt!? :unsure:

#13 ·
All you need to check the bearing and pulley is a 17 mm wrench to take the tension off the belt and then spin the tensioner pulley. if there is any resistance, grinding , wobble it needs to be replaced.

If your only doing the pulley any name brand is going to be made to OEM specs. But if you go with Hyundai part you cannot buy the pully only you have to get the complete tensioner for hundreads of dollars more.

#18 ·
As long as it is a name brand they are made at OEM or exceeds standards.

be sure to change the belts while you are doing this.

Also I d0nt know if the 2.4 has any other idler pulley on it but if it does check it and replace if questionable. They all turn (work) the same so they can all wearo out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.