Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I would like to know if anyone has a 2005 2.7 2WD Santa Fe and when you turn on the A/C, does the radiator fan also turn on? I can see that a separate A/C fan comes on when the A/C is turned on, but the radiator fan remains off. I also have a 2003 Santy that I'm about to get rid of and the radiator fan comes on immediately when I turn on the A/C however I'm pretty sure this one does not have a separate A/C fan like my 2005 and that may be why. My oldest kid drives this car and says that the A/C is random and when I asked if it was OK on the highway but not so much in the city, he said yes so that led me to believe the fan was at fault.

The radiator fans between the two cars are identical and I would swap in the fan from the 2003 if need be before I junk it. Of course, the fan's electrical connector comes right off the 2003 while I can't get the connector off the 2005 to save my life. Go figure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll check my 05 here in a bit.
However, I replaced 1 of the fans, drivers side, and found the electrical connector was melted inside. Looked good on the outside, but when disconnected, if crumbled, burnt looking plastic.
Replaces the connector and fan and all is well.

I'll check what happens when I turn on AC after a bit and get you know

·
Registered
32 Posts
My engine was warm when I tested, but had been off for 20 minutes.
Engine running,
AC Off = no Fans
Ac On = both fans on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts