Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On top on the gearbox ( right next to the gear selector mech ) and about a few inchs from the reversing light switch. Marked up with a big red arrow in the picture below ( fairly easy to get at on the right hand side near the battery ( well below the battery )

Can you tell me if this little black widget moves? i.e you turn it, rattle it or wobble it. I'm assuming it should because it looks to be a fixing cap pushed over something, but would like it confirmed if possible.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
yes, that is the breather for the gearbox, many makes and models have them although they vary greatly in size and shape

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just gone out and had a look at it. Definitely the gearbox breather and to answer the OP it does move. (covered by gear shifter when in neutral)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that shedload, I must have cross posted !

In which catagory on the site do I look for parts ? I can access Shop, DTM , ETC etc but some I just get 'service preparing' and nothing happens ?

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Noddy @ Apr 23 2010, 08:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315918
Cheers for that shedload, I must have cross posted !

In which catagory on the site do I look for parts ? I can access Shop, DTM , ETC etc but some I just get 'service preparing' and nothing happens ?

Some headings under 2010 models give service preparing, just select 2009 but you have gone to the wrong place, the breather is not shown in either the shop manual or component. To get to the parts catalogue, when you first go in you will see a button on the lefthand side marked Parts Catalog. In the parts catalog (having got to i10 India plant etc or use the VIN) I just did a search for breather and breather assembly K17530 was one of the results.

http://service.hyundai-motor.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts