Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not know why the remote key only closes 3 doors except the left rear door. My vehicle is the 2011 Sonata. I have to close this door manually.
It is not always like that. With 10 times, it closes all doors around 8 times, 2 times failed to close the left rear door.
What's the problem.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I assume you mean "lock" when you say close? It could have a broken wire, linkage disconnect, or bad solenoid in the door. If you can hear it click by listening with your ear to the door, it may have become disconnected (or a worn link) from the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Most likely the issue will be with the door lock assembly itself, they are motor/gear driven internals. I've never repaired one and often you can't dismantle these. I have seen some youtubes with people identifying a thermal disc inside and also motor issues.

I've had to replace a few in my hyundais over the years(several models) including one that would stop working on hot days.

This video he pulls apart the motor, around the 18 minute mark.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone meet this situation?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have replaced both rear door locks for that problem. Not too hard to do if you follow the service manual and do 1 more step and that is remove the chrome piece on the outside of the window opening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have replaced both rear door locks for that problem. Not too hard to do if you follow the service manual and do 1 more step and that is remove the chrome piece on the outside of the window opening.
What did you buy to replace the rear door lock? Is it the Door Lock Actuator?
Now my rear door lock can not be locked or unlocked by the remote. It also can not be controlled by the lock door switch near the driver. So what is the damage? Door Lock Actuator?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have a guidance/video on how to replace the rear actuator for the 2011 Sonata?

·
Registered
17 Posts
See the thread for the guy who can’t lock the front passenger door. It’s the actuator. It’s expensive but, although time consuming, not terribly difficult to replace yourself. Or, you might find a color matched replacement door from a junk yard. (sorry, “auto-recycler”).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts