Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,can anyone help?,my XG30 randomly goes into limp mode,i've been told i could have a TPSensor fault and this could be causing it,does anyone know if limp mode can be disabled?,also,can anyone tell me where this part is located?(the limp mode valve/sensor),regards,Terry.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tgf1959 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345791
Hi,can anyone help?,my XG30 randomly goes into limp mode,i've been told i could have a TPSensor fault and this could be causing it,does anyone know if limp mode can be disabled?,also,can anyone tell me where this part is located?(the limp mode valve/sensor),regards,Terry.

Limp home is default function provided by PCM to limit power via the idle air bypass in the event of a fly by wire throttle malfunction.. Cannot be disabled.

Get your code(s) and post them... had fella diag 1 himself, he ordered a TPS, and wanted us to install it.... I just sat back and laughed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wanna know why ? --- I dont know of anybody that has ever replaced a TPS on the side of a 3.5 throttle body.... I put the part on, it not repair his problem, he is mad and left.

While in current data to set the sensor, I sneaked a peek in the DTC screen, his fault codes pointed to the APS sensor... that part is on left frame rail below brake master... has a cable on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts