Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sonata with a factory Radio.. i want to upgrade it to the newer 96560-3q205f GPS/Nav/ version site on the internet say it had direct connect hookup and should be plug right up...and also hearing about vin locking system ??

Can some on tell me what is what or do i need to look at another different Radio altogether ??

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I would honestly recommend a nice aftermarket head unit that supports apple car play or android auto. but to answer your question... No idea buddy. You would need to pull up the connector pin out for both types of cars and compare em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
they may indeed be interchangeable as far as wiring harness goes and if it has bluelink it would have the gps antenna on the car. I just don't think the gps wiring to deck will be there if it didn't come stock with nav deck. but this is just speculation. please update if you find out for sure because if it is a simple swap id probably do the same thing. maybe even put stock backup camera on as well. I just don't really like the look of aftermarket nav decks, same goes for aftermarket cameras.

edit:
the back of the radios on this site (Sonata - Hyundai) seem to confirm the issue with adding stock nav/camera deck to car that came stock without it. unless they have the connectors tucked away in the harness somewhere but usable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
it may be more than a simple swap you ight need a new bezel as the nav one is completely different. I am an installer and upgraded mine to kenwood one and love it. Most nav are not that accurate but kenwood uses garmin. you could also use a carplay or android auto deck and use your map from phone. Let me know if you run in to trouble I will help if I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts