Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a factory navigation/radio head unit from a 2011 Sonata Limited be installed in a 2011 Sonata Limited which came with the standard factory head unit? Would this be a plug and play install?

(Compass-NAV doesn't support the 2011 Limited's standard head unit.)

Thanks,

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sorry, but it isn't that simple. There are other differences between cars equipped with the different radio options besides just the head unit. It really is not something you can just pick up later and bolt in.
If Compass Nav isn't an option for you, start looking at the aftermarket.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can a factory navigation/radio head unit from a 2011 Sonata Limited be installed in a 2011 Sonata Limited which came with the standard factory head unit? Would this be a plug and play install?

(Compass-NAV doesn't support the 2011 Limited's standard head unit.)

Thanks,
Why on earth would you do this. Terrible idea. Buy an aftermarket stereo, which is better than a stock head unit and costs half the price. Never ever put OEM stereo in your car. That's just crazy talk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone recommend a specific aftermarket navigation/radio for a 2011 Limited in the $400 to $500 range that is plug and play or plug and play with a CAN BUS adapter? I've seen used navigation/radio head units from 2011 Sonata Limiteds for $400 to $500 and was hoping that this would avoid some of the problems with after market units, ex. loss of some steering wheel control functionality, loss of outside temp sensor, inability to properly run the amplifier.

Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I bought a 2013 Elantra GT, to get Nav it required a package including sunroof. Package was expensive, and really didn't want a sunroof. Thought I was smart and bought Compass-NAV. Compass-NAV modified the original head unit (instead of replacing it) and added a larger display/touch screen. Also added an OEM backup camera. System worked great until now. The screen when dark. Contacted Compass-Nav for a replacement screen. Their supplier has stopped making the components, so I'm out of luck. Bought an OEM Nav head unit from LKQ and hoped it would be plug and play. It's not. 2 large connectors from the car plugged in OK, but 2 connectors are missing from the car. Satellite antenna for the head unit is plugged into another module that is mounted under the dashboard, above the head unit. There is also a white connector plugged into this unit.
Right now, AM, FM and Satellite radio works. NAV almost works, but is not getting a satellite signal, so car doesn't know where it is. Steering wheel controls don't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Pinouts for the OEM Nav head unit. Do I need to change the module above the head unit; or bypass this module and wire direct to the head unit? Something else. Thanks in advance for any help Brent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts