Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my set 2019 OEM wheels on my sisters 2016 GT and the tire pressure warning on the dash popped up. Is there any way to fix this without going to the dealer?

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
272 Posts
Ok these sensors don't need pairing. I have I have a 2019 Se with aftermarket aluminum rims. All i did was move the sensors to the new rims. They pair automatically. Either your air pressure is under 28 lbs or you have a bad sensor. Or 2016 sensors are different frequency.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok these sensors don't need pairing. I have I have a 2019 Se with aftermarket aluminum rims. All i did was move the sensors to the new rims. They pair automatically. Either your air pressure is under 28 lbs or you have a bad sensor. Or 2016 sensors are different frequency.
I needed to get TPMS sensors on the winter wheels paired (2018 Elantra Sport). It seems that for some people the sensors auto pair and for others don't.
Air pressure was at 38lbs and they came straight off my 2019 Sonata 2.0T with no issues on reading. I guess maybe they might be different frequency?

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
272 Posts
there are 2 different frequencies that I know of so yes that could be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts