Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put the seats down? I have a 2015 Elantra.
Would it be necessary to take a wheel off, and if so, is that easy and quick to do? I haven't had a bike in over a decade but might take my brother's. I don't want to get a bike rack though because I wouldn't use the bike very much.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Would it be necessary to take a wheel off, and if so, is that easy and quick to do? I haven't had a bike in over a decade but might take my brother's. I don't want to get a bike rack though because I wouldn't use the bike very much.

What kind of bike?

If it has a quick-release front wheel, you would probably have to remove the wheel to get the bike to fit. If it doesn't you can buy a quick release at a bike shop and retrofit it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My Trek 7.3 fits fine with the back seats down without taking the wheels off. If I had a fancier bike I'd never do that though. The Elantra's trunk opening is pretty big and I'd guess most cheap bikes would fit, but who knows with some of those fancy bikes that cost more than my Elantra did.

·
Registered
40 Posts

What kind of bike?

If it has a quick-release front wheel, you would probably have to remove the wheel to get the bike to fit. If it doesn't you can buy a quick release at a bike shop and retrofit it.

No, it won't fit, tried myself .. had the same dilemma . The solution is the quick release on front wheel, it will cost you around $10.00 ☺.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I fit a good sized bike into my trunk. Just fold down seats and twist the handles to make everything flat. I scratched my bumper in the process but eh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts