Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new and allow me to say hello. I have been searching the forum but could find the exact answer to my question. 2 dealers I called were not much help either. Basically I have a 2010 Sonata I4 GLS that I'm looking to get new springs and struts/shocks for. The Eibach site lists the Pro springs as being the same from years 2006-2010, so that's no problem. KYB however, lists the GR-2 as fitting from 2006-2008 only. When I called KYB HQ and spoke with the tech, he said there had been no testing done on the 4G Sonata after 2008 and they don't know if the part will fit or not. Bottom line, KYB doesn't know if the GR-2 will fit the 2010.

Funny thing happened when I called the dealer parts departments (2 total) to see if the part numbers remotely match between the 2010 and the 2008/06 models. Both guys needed me to provide actual VIN numbers to cars from 2010 and 2008/6, saying they have NO WAY of looking the parts up otherwise.... I thought the first guy was pulling my chains, but when the second guy from a different dealer told me the same thing, I thought either Hyundai uses outdated systems for part listing, or dealers just hire lazy guys to work there, or there really IS NO WAY to find out.

Anyways, I would very much appreciate anyone who has actual knowledge to the question whether KYB GR-2 will fit a 2010 Sonata, or if the struts/shocks from all 4 model years are interchangeable. Since no one actually stock these for Sonatas and will have to be special ordered, if they don't fit, I probably will not be able to return them.

Thanks all for reading this post. Bigger thanks for anyone who replies.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have H&Rs on my 09 and the springs are not the same... read this. The start and end of the H&R springs are slightly offset, like OEM 06-08 springs. The 09 springs -I'm guessing 10 as well- are different... the start and end align strait with each other. I'm assuming the rear shouldn't be a problem... I feel the problem would be up front with the struts... but if you're getting aftermarket springs (Eibach/H&R) then I think you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts