Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Long story short i was goin on the on-ramp and there was the signal to let you go
when it was my turn i shifted to 1st and my car completely dies. like my radio turned off the backlights
on my dash board like everything just shut down.
so i turned my key to off and turned it back on. again shifted it to first and then it died again, but this time when i tried to turn it back on, it wouldnt do anything. THANK GOD that it was a downhill on-ramp.. so i pulled over to the side and just waited there for 10 min. i turned my keys and it turned on, and this time it went without shutting off

another problem that i had was, when i started to go about 65-70 mph, my steering wheel started to wabble a lot! very hard for me to go straight and felt that my tire on right and left front side were wobbly as ****.

I dont know what to do...?
has this ever happened to anyone before?

·
Registered
678 Posts
check your lugs make sure they are not loose. I have an SE so I can't help you with your manual shifter, but it may be good to have it looked at.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I can help you out. . . you have a great warranty, so drive it to the dealer and have them look at it. :thumbsup: Hopefully they can help you diagnose the problem and can replicate the issue! As far as the vibration, you can make sure your lug nuts are tight, but this should be pretty easy for the dealer to replicate. There are many potential causes for wheel vibration.

When you say it "shut down" did it feel like it was stalling out as in the car wasn't getting enough gas? Without sounding ignorant, I'm assuming you have driven manual cars before and that this isn't the case of not giving the car enough gas when letting out the clutch? Also, was it as soon as you shifted into first with the clutch still depressed or when trying to start? If it was when putting it into first, then it sounds like it might be an electrical sensor issue with the clutch pedal (i.e. the car isn't reading that the clutch pedal is pressed down).

·
Registered
486 Posts

....Well said and great advice....

QUOTE (alex2006sonata @ Jun 15 2010, 08:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333338
Well I can help you out. . . you have a great warranty, so drive it to the dealer and have them look at it. :thumbsup: Hopefully they can help you diagnose the problem and can replicate the issue! As far as the vibration, you can make sure your lug nuts are tight, but this should be pretty easy for the dealer to replicate. There are many potential causes for wheel vibration.

When you say it "shut down" did it feel like it was stalling out as in the car wasn't getting enough gas? Without sounding ignorant, I'm assuming you have driven manual cars before and that this isn't the case of not giving the car enough gas when letting out the clutch? Also, was it as soon as you shifted into first with the clutch still depressed or when trying to start? If it was when putting it into first, then it sounds like it might be an electrical sensor issue with the clutch pedal (i.e. the car isn't reading that the clutch pedal is pressed down).

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am curious as to why anyone who encounters an issue such as described on this thread would not just take it into their dealer to have them try and resolve rather than just post here first?

Logically, for me, that would be the very first thing that I would've done and then if that didn't work out, I'd probably post up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (The Pill @ Jun 16 2010, 06:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333386
I am curious as to why anyone who encounters an issue such as described on this thread would not just take it into their dealer to have them try and resolve rather than just post here first?

Logically, for me, that would be the very first thing that I would've done and then if that didn't work out, I'd probably post up.
:amen:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Jun 15 2010, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333234
check your lugs make sure they are not loose. I have an SE so I can't help you with your manual shifter, but it may be good to have it looked at.

when i say shut down, i mean like i was doing everything right,
letting go of the clutch on time putting the right amount of gas.
and when i let go of the clutch the whole car shut down,
i mean like my radio turned off, the backlight of my dashboard turned off
the little screen thing thats in the middle of the dashboard turned off like the whole
car turned off

and again thanks for the advise, you seem to know a lot

·
Registered
533 Posts
Many times I read stuff on here and wonder why thenpost is on here. Some of the questions seem so basic to auto ownership. But America is home to so many new people and Hyundai demographics would likely reveal that many of it's customers are first time or really inexperienced car buyers. Let's cut some slack fellow board members.

Aside from a great warranty there is also a great roadside assistance program as well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jun 16 2010, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333580
Many times I read stuff on here and wonder why thenpost is on here. Some of the questions seem so basic to auto ownership. But America is home to so many new people and Hyundai demographics would likely reveal that many of it's customers are first time or really inexperienced car buyers. Let's cut some slack fellow board members.

Aside from a great warranty there is also a great roadside assistance program as well.
My only issue is that many of the basic questions asked are so basic that they're in the owner's manual, which apparently some people just plain ignore, or can easily be solved through a basic search.

PLUS:

"- Hmaservice.com offers free service information for all American Hyundai models through WebTech. Make sure you use their search engine to look for an answer you are looking for before asking any repair and maintenance question."

Yeah, some are not so mechanically inclined, and some of the material can be cumbersome, but I'm just shocked how many basic questions are asked that end up being filler here in the forum. In this day and age we have so many resources at our disposal and I feel that these forums are and should be used for topics beyond the typical, "what does this or that light mean?" or "why does my average MPG reset?" questions. Color me jaded, but it just bothers me. I guess I'm much more independently minded than some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts