Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find the problem that is causing my Hyundai Getz to not start.
It started the other day when I tried to start my car and it cranked but would not start, I had to wait about 45min-hour when my car was a bit cooler and then it started, like there was no problem.
After this incident i had it serviced, and they fixed what they thought was the problem, ( ignition coils) and leads, I also had a full log book service, but then about a two days later I had the same issue again. I drove from work to the shops, I was about half an hour IN the shops when I came back to my car and then it would not start again. I had to wait and pop the bonnet to cool the engine better, and waited about half an hour, and then I was able to start my car again.
I’m utterly frustrated to what it could be, I think it may be electrical, or could be crank or cam shaft sensors .

please if anyone can give me advice
thank you
Natalie

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,091 Posts
Hi Natalie. The symptoms you describe are often the result of a failing crank position sensor. The sensor fails when it gets hot, preventing the engine from starting. Then, after the engine/sensor cool down a little, the sensor starts to work again allowing the engine to start. It's quite a common issue on Hyundai engines.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts