Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like the full circle camshaft plug is weeping some oil on drivers side , just below the camshaft sensor and above the coolant outlet to thermostat on a 1.6. If it is leaking is this a difficult fix? Or could i use some rtv to buy some time, because i am gonna do the timing belt , water pump and vave cover gasket very soon. Thank You.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Picture of described problem part ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Black circle plug here ?

Buy a valve cover gasket set, and a plug.

You'll want to remove the cap that holds the cam sensor, clean the bore of oil and debris, and install new cap, and re-assemble in reverse order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good. I was gonna order the t-belt kit with valve cover gasket. Now just gotta find the right plug to order. Do you know if the plug seals with an o-ring or some other style? Thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I just realized I forgot the picture

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. Thats the plug or end cap there. Do you know if it seals with an o-ring or some other way? Good picture. Thank you,

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Should be rubber coated plug.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. Sorry i did not reply sooner. Always some thing else to work on with 4 cars and 4 female drivers. Thanks again. Happy Holidays

·
22,793 Posts
Sorry i did not reply sooner. Always some thing else to work on with 4 cars and 4 female drivers.
I have the equivalent of a busload of granddaughters. You have my deepest and profound sympathies! :blink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope i get a chance soon to replace cam shaft plug. When i do it, do you punch out the old plug and then press in the new plug ? Any special tools or how too"s. Your info is the only info I found on the web for the cam shaft plug. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts