Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2011 Sonata in to my local dealer to check out the service department and was told my car was subject of a recall campaign that just started yesterday involving an inspection of the steering column intermediate shaft. Just wondered if anyone's cars had been inspected yet. The dealership has not done any and I am to be the first. I checked the website but there was nothing on it yet. I'm going to take it in on Friday for the inspection so I'll post anything of interest.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
We have 1 tech placed in charge of doing all the cars we have on the lot.. he started this afternoon... Gonna be a fight for the GDS, we only have 1 for all our techs, and if we have a customer car that need GDS, tech doing the recall is out for a bit,, he gonna be mad.

Anyway........................................... tell your dealer that when they do the program.................... have the GDS on the dock station and plugged into the wall while programing...... I wont go into details about a certain car at our place.

It is program #207

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Sep 22 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358109
We have 1 tech placed in charge of doing all the cars we have on the lot.. he started this afternoon... Gonna be a fight for the GDS, we only have 1 for all our techs, and if we have a customer car that need GDS, tech doing the recall is out for a bit,, he gonna be mad.

Anyway........................................... tell your dealer that when they do the program.................... have the GDS on the dock station and plugged into the wall while programing...... I wont go into details about a certain car at our place.

It is program #207
Translation please? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Interesting. when someone gets more info please post it. thanks!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Sep 22 2010, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358112
Yeah, I'm wondering what sbr711 means, too.

But, we should look on the bright side -

we may get cookies!

(Click here: Special 2011 Select Car Care Promotion (pdf).)

QUOTE (JohnWho @ Sep 22 2010, 06:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358116
Recall bulletin is h e r e.

i try and click those either in IE or firefox and its linking me to these:
http://SPAM/10-01-032.pdf
http://SPAM/YFRecallPromotion.pdf

also I do not see a recall tab on hmaservice, are they listed there someplace?

....??????

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry , .....It's probably me, but none of the links are working for me or Netscape at this time.

JohnWho........You next link is working fine for me. Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Sep 22 2010, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358121
Sorry , .....It's probably me, but none of the links are working for me or Netscape at this time.

JohnWho........You next link is working fine for me. Thanks

Me thinks this site has a block on the linked site... I get IM's from the Administrator of the site wanting me to come over, and when he post the address in the message, the site name is "SPAM" like seen in the properties of the links...

One of the machine gun forums I am known on has an auto address block up that if you use certain content links, it'll come up as "####"

Translation to the post above... dont do the program without the GDS being on its' dock and plugged into wall for power, GDS going dead in middle of program is BAD JUJU.....

I did not do it, it was another member of the shop that did it.. we and Hyundai assist trying to figure out how to recover the dead unit, cant get in to program it, and steering has no assist because module' ROM is bare..

I am stuck dealing with it now fro the looks of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts