Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July results are in. Cadenza sold 1627 unit.
Azera sold 928
I guess advertising pays off
When was the last time you saw a print ad or TV ad for an AZERA ????????

·
Registered
114 Posts
have not seen one since the new body style came out a couple of years ago. Seeing the results off word of mouth and on lot sales, imagine what the numbers would be like with advertising. Probably happy with the numbers. Not bad for an unadvertised brand

·
Registered
410 Posts
I may be nuts but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Hyundai didn't have enough capacity to produce more Azera's and that was one of their reasons for not advertising. They didn't want to create a demand they couldn't meet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's pretty amazing the sales numbers are not that far off, considering how much money Kia is dumping into advertising Cadenza on all TV stations.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i never seen a ad on tv or newspaper about Azera only time when i was it and first time was in dealership and down to my block there is a Candeza for me it looked smaller then azera and not that good looking i will try to take pics side by side and post it

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hyundai here in Ohio has not advertised the Azera in five months. You don't see the car in any car dealers ads, no TV, no radio ads. It is like Hyundai has left Azera out to dry. Don't get it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
This is not Hyundai's core car. It was never meant to be a big seller. In fact it has probably sold better than expected.

The Cradenza is nearly $10K more than a fully equipped Azera. Even though they seem to be in the same class they are not. The Cradenza is Kia's flagship luxury car. As we know, the Azera is not.

Hyundai focuses on there core cars, the Sonata and the Elantra as well as the Voloster. mainly because they are priced right for most of the American public.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I tend to disagree here. GM has plenty of so called core cars. Yet they still advertise Regal, LaCrosse, Impala, Corvetts etc. Why produce a car and not advertise it. Azera falls in the $31,000 range to $36,000 range and fits with the Regal, LaCrosse and Impala. Why not go after this market? If I was the President of Hyundai I would rather see a consumer in a Azera rather than driving a Regal or some other car.

To sweep Azera under the rug and say we aren't going to advertise the car any longer because it isn't a core car is bad marketing and just doesn't compute.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I tend to disagree here. GM has plenty of so called core cars. Yet they still advertise Regal, LaCrosse, Impala, Corvetts etc. Why produce a car and not advertise it. Azera falls in the $31,000 range to $36,000 range and fits with the Regal, LaCrosse and Impala. Why not go after this market? If I was the President of Hyundai I would rather see a consumer in a Azera rather than driving a Regal or some other car.

To sweep Azera under the rug and say we aren't going to advertise the car any longer because it isn't a core car is bad marketing and just doesn't compute.
I agree!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
For those of you watching SNF tonight, you can see where the Hyundai ad budget dollars are being spent. Nice ad for the new 2014 Equus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Back when I had a 2006 Azzie, the one and only TV ad I can think of was the one where the guy was standing on the porch and randomly squirting the car with a water hose...as if he wanted to trick the auto-windshield wipers into missing a squirt. His wife came out and suggested that he quit playing with the car.

History repeats itself. There was much debate here three years ago on the fate of the Azera's future in the market. Again, for lack of advertising and sales numbers:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/188-tg-2006-2011-azera/105617-azera-gone.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/188-tg-2006-2011-azera/95450-azera-gone.html

Yet, they're there on their sales lots (<<there, their, they're...I just had to do that:rolleyes:) in its newest form and as beautiful as ever. If I were looking for a car in that class again, I'd be driving one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I saw at least 3 ads for the Equus while I was watching the Bridgestone Golf Tournament this afternoon too, wish I could afford one : )

·
Registered
564 Posts
There have been a couple of commercials, but nothing outstanding.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I saw at least 3 ads for the Equus while I was watching the Bridgestone Golf Tournament this afternoon too, wish I could afford one : )
They aren't too bad on the secondary market. My local Hyundai dealer has a 2011 certified Equus Signature with 21,000 miles for $39,000. Only $1800 more than an Azera with Technology Package and carpeted floor mats.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've seen a couple of Cadenza ads on TV and they are very sexy compared to the above Azera ads. The Azera ads are caterpillars compared to Cadenza's butterflies.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts