Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I need to change the cabin filter on my 2016 Hyundai Elantra, is it a good deal to by a washable one?
Please let me know and thank you!

Paula

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
we have the k&n in both cars. it seems to slightly increase the air flow. i have washed them twice, so far. my wife has lotsa allergies. when you see all the stuff that comes out, it will make you want to wash them more

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are washable ones available? (and at what cost?) The Dealer replaced at the 50K (& $900) checkup. Id consider this though.

My contractor scoffed at me putting washable in my home HVAC system too.

I went with the Carbon impregnated one in my VUE which naturally looks dirty, the 5 Minute oil change place wanted to replace it, told me it was dirty (always going for the low hanging fruit)....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi!

I need to change the cabin filter on my 2016 Hyundai Elantra, is it a good deal to by a washable one?
Please let me know and thank you!

Paula
[/QUOTE
If the cabin filter is cheap enough to buy on your Elantra and your handy at putting it in Your self rather than paying a shop to do a simple task for you ? i say use a new filter. washable filters do have draw backs for 1 they have to be cleaned & then there's the drying time you need to Waite & once then it's dried then sprayed and finally after that it can be installed again washable filters is not for everyone there are as mentioned draw backs to them. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
no drying time for cabin filter. shake out excess water, reinstall. a/c system will dry it out very quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts