Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's yellow , Mann Hummel Frecious Plus , filters the normal + particulates , nitrogen dioxides and also ozone etc .

To protect your family !

Mann is a top manufacturer of car filters and has many oem contracts .

·
Registered
919 Posts
More layers = thicker and reduces air flow...
How do you know? If the square inch surface area is larger then that would not restrict.
And what doses "restrict" mean, 1500 RPM, 2500RPM, 5000RPM? At what throttle opening.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's a cabin filter thread buddy , not an engine air filter thread .
Oops on the rpms, ddi not read far enough back, but the air flow considerations would still apply.

Pardon my mistake - buddy

·
Registered
386 Posts
How do you know? If the square inch surface area is larger then that would not restrict.
And what doses "restrict" mean, 1500 RPM, 2500RPM, 5000RPM? At what throttle opening.
We are talking about cabin air filters not engine air filters...air flow for heat and AC not your cars RPM's. If you noticed almost all engine air filters look identical regardless of brand whereas cabin air filters vary greatly in terms of design, thickness, and the type of media.

When you try to filter out things that smell like engine exhaust and fumes and not just dirt/dust particles you REALLY have to have a ton of media to accomplish that.

Less pleats + more layers = thicker = restricts air flow = noisier. There are numerous articles, reviews, threads, videos, etc. on cabin air filters that you can easily find on this topic. I've also seen it firsthand with those Fram Fresh Breeze filters. I personally use the WIX and have had no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a used 2010 ford fusion in 2019 for a work car. I don't think they ever replaced the cabin filter. When I pulled it out to replace it,it came apart like an accordion!! Then I had to use a shop vac to get everything behind it! :mad:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts