Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a cabin air filter for out 08 sonata from the dealer for $25... Tried to install it and the filter won't fit (new filter about 1/2 wider) in the filter tray. Part number for the filter they gave me is 087902G000A.
Is his the correct filter?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Can look tomorrow

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (noeffort @ May 20 2010, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324888
picked up a cabin air filter for out 08 sonata from the dealer for $25... Tried to install it and the filter won't fit (new filter about 1/2 wider) in the filter tray. Part number for the filter they gave me is 087902G000A.
Sounds like they gave you one for the 09 which used a different size filter. Our Search Engine is like the Mentalo of Hyundai Questions

Attachments

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
I and few others here are saving our precious $$$$$$ (in my case it's only $$, probably $) by buying a 3M home furnace Felt filter and cut out the needed size filters out of it. If you buy the right size (not sure if it is 20x20 or 25) you can get FOUR out of a filter that cost around $10 at the hardware store... There are a few threads about this here.

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ May 20 2010, 11:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324925
I and few others here are saving our precious $$$$$$ (in my case it's only $$, probably $) by buying a 3M home furnace Felt filter and cut out the needed size filters out of it. If you buy the right size (not sure if it is 20x20 or 25) you can get FOUR out of a filter that cost around $10 at the hardware store... There are a few threads about this here.
Or, go to ebay or the local auto parts store, with the money you save you can buy a nice bottle of lube.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (noeffort @ May 20 2010, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324888
I come up with 08790 - 3K000 - A for the 208 chassis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are hundreds of post about this. Why don't you mods shut this one down too. **** if its ever been mentioned shut it down. :00000732:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (kramerpage @ May 24 2010, 08:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325786
There are hundreds of post about this. Why don't you mods shut this one down too. **** if its ever been mentioned shut it down. :00000732:
It seems there is a new "laissez faire", hands off approach to leaving up all sorts of repetitive and useless Threads. While the Mods are still working hard, overall Post Count is what makes this Business Model work. There is a great Search Engine here, that can be used in many different ways. When I would ask a member to Search before posting, or tell them their question has been covered before and provide a link, some would tell me to get lost! :thumbsup:

However with all that said, this was a legitimate question though, as the Part changed in 2008 & members are getting the wrong filter. :57:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 24 2010, 11:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325803
However with all that said, this was a legitimate question though, as the Part changed in 2008 & members are getting the wrong filter. :57:
Things do change occasionally such as part numbers. In any case, I have been using computers from netbooks to mainframes since 1960 and have yet to see one wear out from a repetitive task.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (kn5owa @ May 24 2010, 10:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325850
Things do change occasionally such as part numbers. In any case, I have been using computers from netbooks to mainframes since 1960 and have yet to see one wear out from a repetitive task.
Oh the repetitive I was alluding too was the amount of info we have here on this subject I think :innocent: . They are already
complaining about the new Sonata, and how the Robots missed Welds and some other key items. Any thoughts on that? :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really do not see the right posts on this. I am new to this forum and the search box return cabin air filter discussion on all model, not narrow it down to NF threads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts