Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know nothing about cars.. But when I went to check if I needed to replace my cabin air filter on my 2005 Hyundai sonata gl I saw that there was none in the designated area... Why? What? How? Should I buy one or is it really not needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Since I did not buy my Hyundais' new, I cannot say if cabin filter was an option or not, but did learn that many models did not have a filter from factory. Neither of mine had filter.
I checked into buying a cabin filter and they are available, but not exactly the easiest install in all models for rapid routine replacement, nor were they as low cost as I thought they should be. Since both cars went about ten years without a filter before I got them, I decided to leave well enough alone and not install a filter now.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Clean it out and put in the filter. They can be found on eBay and other sites for $10 or less. I change mine yearly in late spring

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
To be specific:

The cabin filter has no effect on how the car operates and does nothing to help wear and tear on the car itself. It simply filters the air that enters the cabin through the climate control system. If haveing that air filtered concerns you, than put in a filter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
^ Correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts