Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey group, I'm having a problem with my Santa Fe, 2015, automatic, 2.2 diesel and I am looking for some help.

Just out of the blue, the EPB indicator light started to come on in red. The car is stuck, the parking brake seems to be on and I can't release it. GDS says: C2202: Latching Failure / Mechanics. I am posting some screenshots below.

I noted, in the sensors tab, that the LH has "unsupported cable type". Is that an indication of something broken there?

How can I release the brakes so I can take it to a mechanic? Is there a procedure to force that? What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is there any factory warranty left? I think it's likely that motor unit has failed. I knew someone who had this series and it failed , did the same , fail safed to on. Whole unit replaced , about $3000AUD but he had warranty.

You have GDS, can the fault be cleared to release it or any menu to manually command it?

Other than that, go into the manual and read up on how to remove/install. I saw a section where there's a screw to retain the clevis. maybe you can pry it off or dismount the main unit and any cable retainers to get some slack to release it. Obviously have the vehicle safely secured so it won't roll on you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I still have warranty until the end of the year, but the dealer is in another city and I can't take the car there.
GDS sees the code and allows me to clear but it comes back right away, as it's an active error. I try to command it to release from the GDS but nothing happens.

I just called the dealer and I'm waiting for them to call me back with instructions.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think I'd be following their direction given it's a warranty issue. I'd expect they would organise recovery of the vehicle. Can't imagine any customer being required to fault find and disengage it to get it to the dealer. I would not be mentioning you've got GDS and been plugging into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'd be following their direction given it's a warranty issue. I'd expect they would organise recovery of the vehicle. Can't imagine any customer being required to fault find and disengage it to get it to the dealer. I would not be mentioning you've got GDS and been plugging into it
I'm waiting for them to call back. In the meantime, the parking brake disengaged after the last engine off/on sequence. It seems the parking brake applies just fine, there is a problem with the release part. At any rate, I will be taking it to them as soon as I can. I won't mention any GDS, thank you for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts