Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - Have you experienced really annoying buzzing when listening to the stereo when it's noticeably cold out? I know the car is cold ( it's been below zero in MN for most of the week) but if there is remotely any bass, I hear this faint buzzing from the doors that is driving me insane, I hope I'm not the only one? Had the car for a month and aside from that it's been great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes it's happened with mine as well when the temp got down to the -25 and lower range (celcius). I turned off the power bass and cranked the EQ down. It's ok now even when it hit -30 a couple days ago.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes I hear that too, I've isolated my buzzing noise down to the back passenger door, between the trim and the window. I held my hand there with some pressure and the sound muffled out

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most manufacturers utilize an oiled paper or polyethelene plastic sheet as a vapor barrier between the door and door panel. I can imagine that at sub zero temperatures that material could become reasonably rigid and set up a sort of drum head vibration from the speaker much like the speaker does when it operates. Does it continue after the cabin temperature has attained the desired comfort level?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Most manufacturers utilize an oiled paper or polyethelene plastic sheet as a vapor barrier between the door and door panel. I can imagine that at sub zero temperatures that material could become reasonably rigid and set up a sort of drum head vibration from the speaker much like the speaker does when it operates. Does it continue after the cabin temperature has attained the desired comfort level?
That makes sense ..... it could also be one of the wires in the door hitting that sheet

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's usually not noticeable when it's over 30 degrees outside but anything less and it's buzzing constantly. Surprisingly, I still seem to hear it after the interior of the car has warmed up to a comfortable level. The fact that it may be coming from inside the door makes sense as that is probably not seeing to0 much heat anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts