Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
My computer on the car always reads two gallons higher than what I'm actually getting. On a consistent basis when I divide my miles by number of gallons, it's at least 2 miles lower. It was the same on both of my Elantras as well. Very frustrating, I think Hyundai has very optimistic computers. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, may have to check it old school, Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldn’t find anything about ecu tuning. Anybody know about if there is such thing for 2017 3.3L. I found one for 2.0T. On my previous genesis coupe 2.0T i tuned my ecu and got better MPG when i wasnt hammering down my gas pedal

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I couldn’t find anything about ecu tuning. Anybody know about if there is such thing for 2017 3.3L. I found one for 2.0T. On my previous genesis coupe 2.0T i tuned my ecu and got better MPG when i wasnt hammering down my gas pedal
You can possibly try Alphaspeed's remote tune. I can't imagine it would too different from the 3.8, but you never know. It won't be cheap though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just pulled the trigger on the 2017 santa fe xl limited ultimate awd. Traded 2015 genesis 3.8 awd for it. I love the car!! Wife loves it!! One downside is. It will not let me inout address into navigation without going into P. In genesis with same infotainment system i was able to input address on the navigation while moving or stopped at red light in D. Ans brake pedal seems soft?? Compare to the genesis when genesis was much heavier car. Ither than that we love our purchase. Gonna get front side windows tinted. Match the rears.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My computer on the car always reads two gallons higher than what I'm actually getting. On a consistent basis when I divide my miles by number of gallons, it's at least 2 miles lower. It was the same on both of my Elantras as well. Very frustrating, I think Hyundai has very optimistic computers. :rolleyes:
Same observation here. True mpg is about 1.5-2 mpg less than what trip computer reports. This was true for my previous car too, so I don't think it is just a Hyundai thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on the 2017 santa fe xl limited ultimate awd. Traded 2015 genesis 3.8 awd for it. I love the car!! Wife loves it!! One downside is. It will not let me inout address into navigation without going into P. In genesis with same infotainment system i was able to input address on the navigation while moving or stopped at red light in D. Ans brake pedal seems soft?? Compare to the genesis when genesis was much heavier car. Ither than that we love our purchase. Gonna get front side windows tinted. Match the rears.
That's great - I think you'll really like it.

I also noticed the shortcoming about the nav when I got my 2017, AND the soft brakes. I think the brakes have gotten better, or maybe I'm just used to them now.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How do you guys mount your phones? On my other cars including the genesis i always used magnetic cd player mount. But on santa fe it seems little too high.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How do you guys mount your phones? On my other cars including the genesis i always used magnetic cd player mount. But on santa fe it seems little too high.
If that is too high you won't like my solution, iBolt Suction Mount on window by A-Pillar. :sneaky:
20190825_125431.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I don't mount mine. Granted, a 2017 SFS, but with the carplay, I just connect the phone, throw it in that little "tray" area where the USB is and forget about it.
Speaking of car play. When i connect my iPhone xr. It doesn’t work. It is grayed out. Not even charging my phone.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I too have the CD slot mount and didn't like it. I now have a magnetic vent holder. Sits on the vent to the left of the infotainment.

My brake pads were running low so I replaced my warped rotors and pads with R1 Concepts eLine cross drilled rotors and their ceramic pads. Pedal feel improved and initial bite is much better. Either the stock ones were crap or too worn down or both.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So i just noticed my apple car play is grayed out in the menu. I tried plugging usb thum drive and it will not read/ power on. But the aux works. Is it possible that there is a fuse for the usb port? Since i bought CPO it should be easy fix through the dealer?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2017 all wheel drive, at least according to the computer is getting 23 constantly sometimes 23.1, that's a mix of Highway and Town / Mountain.

Well after two (partial) tanks, @jcarbs seems correct, computer is at 23.1 MPG,
doing the math I am actually at 20.6478 MPG, a difference of 21.4522 MPG.....

Very Sad, Very Disturbing :mad:

·
Registered
110 Posts
That wiper fluid pump should have been covered up to 60K miles.

Yes, I know
BUT
1.5 hours to the Springs, drop off the vehicle, get a ride home (or wait to have it serviced if they do that), another 1.5 hours :unsure:
OR
20 some dollars and 10 minutes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also anybody know what percentage tint the factory privacy glass on rears have?
I did my 2017 fronts at 25% and it was a great match.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts