Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am considering buying a Trajet. Seems like value for money. Two concerns I have. Does it consume a lot of petrol? Anyone encountered problems with the gear box. Thanks. Have also considered getting the Toyota Wish.
Yen

·
9,149 Posts
Originally posted by yen@Dec 27 2004, 08:14 PM
Hi all. I am considering buying a Trajet. Seems like value for money. Two concerns I have. Does it consume a lot of petrol? Anyone encountered problems with the gear box. Thanks. Have also considered getting the Toyota Wish.
Yen
[snapback]4096[/snapback]​

Yes, Trajet is truly value for money. As for fuel consumption, now that the engine is CVVT, it should be better than the previous Sirius engine. For gearbox issue, make sure you keep to your maintainance by changing the ATF regularly, should be no problem.
I have own the Trajet for 20months now, I'm getting 9.5km/L, been to Genting, Desaru, Malacca and Mersing. The journey was very comfortable as well as relax with the Trajet...So, make the choice, get a Trajet B)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by yen@Dec 28 2004, 06:14 AM
Yen
[snapback]4096[/snapback]​

The Hyundai Trajet is certainly value for money, and very comfortable traveling with 5,6, or 7 people. Lots of space!!
It's not the most economical car but considdering it's weight fuel consumption is verry acceptable. 8-9 km's/lit. and has been improved on the new ones.
The gearbox didn't give me any trouble, but I must admit it took me a while to get used to it.
It isn't as intoitive as other gearboxes, and I can guess if you use brute force if you can't get it in the proper gear, it eventually can cause problems. (the Gear stick is a long lever which allows you to use excessive force)

I can reccomend it... Henri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts