Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm about to sign papers for the 'new' (never owned) Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.0T with Tech package. It's VIN is in 0017xx range, so the car has been manufactured in July 2012. It has 8,000+ miles on it, looks and drives perfectly. The price is $28,500.

Is this a good offer (sounds like one to me)? Are you aware of any early-model issues with this car? I have tried to find some info on this forum, but could't find anything apart from the SatNav issue - which i can live with if it is still not resolved.

Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome monni,

Tough to do a search for 'early build problems", but there is a lot of info on specific problems which seem to affect the early builds more than others. Mine is a late Feb 2013 model, but try searches for:

Driver seat movement
Steering Issues
Wind noise

Those were the big three as I recall for the early models. Others may have more suggestions. Note that not ALL early models had these issues and they were hit and miss.

Good luck,

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome monni,

Tough to do a search for 'early build problems", but there is a lot of info on specific problems which seem to affect the early builds more than others. Mine is a late Feb 2013 model, but try searches for:

Driver seat movement
Steering Issues
Wind noise

Those were the big three as I recall for the early models. Others may have more suggestions. Note that not ALL early models had these issues and they were hit and miss.

Good luck,
And the creaking dash noise to the list. Mine was also built in July 2012 and had the rocking seat, the creaking dash, and needed a few updates. Since then, great car!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Made in July 2012, 8,000 miles on it, never owned or not, that's basically used, ask for $23k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the car

Thank you for your responses - they make me feel better. We had the car for testing for entire day, and it does not have the popular steering issue. There are some cracking noises in the dashboard - something our old car had too, so we are not too concerned.

I am signing the papers as I am writing this. We got the extended wrnty too, just in case. We're happy - hopefuly we'll stay happy. Thank you again!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all,

I'm about to sign papers for the 'new' (never owned) Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.0T with Tech package. It's VIN is in 0017xx range, so the car has been manufactured in July 2012. It has 8,000+ miles on it, looks and drives perfectly. The price is $28,500.
For a new car that would be a great price. USAA price new is $33,600. For a used car (and 8000 miles is used), I think I would expect a better deal. $26,880 would be 20% below what it would cost new, so I think that'would be the highest I would pay for a used vehicle. $25,200 would be 25% off the new car price, so that might be an even better target price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a new car that would be a great price. USAA price new is $33,600. For a used car (and 8000 miles is used), I think I would expect a better deal. $26,880 would be 20% below what it would cost new, so I think that'would be the highest I would pay for a used vehicle. $25,200 would be 25% off the new car price, so that might be an even better target price.
I guess my negotiation skills are not the best. We could get a new one for $31,800, but we couldn't find the one that we really liked in the available stock in my state, nor in the nearby states.

I agree that $25,500 is probably what the car that we bought is worth (if we wanted to sell it right away), but the $28,500 sounds fair - in the end the dealer wants to earn something on this sale too... and to me the car is as good as a new one - just with a lower price tag, so I think it is a win-win (even if the win on my side is a bit smaller than on the dealer's side) ;).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hope they changed the oil when you got it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think it's a good buy and you got a good price.. 2.0T AWD with Tech package doesn't cost 33k, it cost 36k.. so you got a really good price.. plus it doesn't matter how many miles it has, you are still the first owner so it cannot be considered used..

Enjoy your Santa Fe Sport Turbo fully loaded..!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think it's a good buy and you got a good price.. 2.0T AWD with Tech package doesn't cost 33k, it cost 36k
You're evaluating MSRP versus sales price. In a follow up comment, the OP states that he could have bought it new for $31,800, so I would argue that is the true "worth" of the new vehicle, not $36,000.

At the end of the day, the OP got a great car, that looks and runs like new, with the bulk of the warranty still in force, and he feels good about the price, so that is all that matters!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wouldn't sweat about the deal you think you should have been able to get. So much of the advice on pricing on this site is inaccurate; not because we don't know what we're talking about, but because of the vastly different markets. I can't find a used SFS 2.0T within 150 miles of me with the tech package. Period. The closest I can find, USED, is still at $33,000 ASKING price without the tech package. That's insane. I think you got a very good deal with the mileage. Don't worry about the early issues. They can be easily addressed. Enjoy your new, worry-free whip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts