Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm planning to purchase a brand new Elantra GLS with preferred package 16,688 +ttl (MSRP: 19,650 or so) or 17,500 +ttl or GT (MSRP 21,375)

1-Is this a good price?
2- I have 2013 Focus SE which has continues transmission problems, so i want to get rid of it. How is it compared to Focus (for those who drove a Focus before)
3-How is the MPG, as much as I read some people get really low MPGs.
4- Does this car have any chronic issues ? such as DCT transmission on Focus

Thanks for the help

·
22,793 Posts
There's a wealth of info on here to answer your questions. Using the "Search" feature will tell you more than you'll ever care to know. I will say this: the transmissions in the Elantra are smooth, quiet, virtually trouble-free (exceptions to every rule on every make and model). Ford is taking a beating on these tranny's. Good luck with the trade. Consider selling outright to a private owner. You're could take a bath on the trade value since it's still virtually new (2013). Just be aware of that.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I believe the Focus is the sportier of the two, but Elantra has better styling inside n out IMO. I get 33.6 city/hwy mix. Usually get 41-43mpg on the freeway. If you live in an are with lots of hills, you'll get killed by the MPG drop. I think people in SF get 24-26MPG last time I read. Other than that I think the Elantra is a great car, esp after a few mods here n there. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my Elantra. The Warranty is great and my MPG is incredible -- especially if I pay attention to driving with fuel consumption in mind. It all depends on the driver.
The Focus was on my list as were others but when I drove the Elantra, it felt better to me.
As far as price (assuming that's a 2013), that's the going rate in my area although I did get mine for less. You are in a good position as the 2014's will be filling lots soon and they need to make room.
I don't think you will be disappointed.
I don't know of chronic issues other than Mod addiction! Seems like that is what the biggest thing about this car is, the ability to improve it in so many ways!
Good luck with your selection!!

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Interesting my dads 12 Focus has already been thru a transmission under warranty. I Didn't realize it was such a big issue. Compared to Elantra the Focus is sportier in handling and acceleration. Elantra on the other hand has more interior space, better interior design and controls, and better all around styling. MPG will be very similar. No major issues or recalls just a few minor issues already addressed by Hyundai.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts