Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm seriously considering buying a Matrix 1.8A but would like some advice from owners.
  • when is the timing belt meant to be changed?
  • what's the automatic gearbox like and after how many kilometres does it start to cause problems?
  • what other things should I get my mechanic to look for during the inspection?
Any feedback would be most welcome.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude.. Hy. Matrix maybe a good buy 7 years ago but not now. Heavy on fuel consumption, expensive parts and maintenance (in Malaysia) and terrible second hand value. My matrix's auto gearbox failed in the seventh year despite regularly changing the ATF as recommended in the manual book.
My friend's Matrix gearbox failed to reverse in the fifth year, while his 1983 BMW auto gearbox still works untill now.
My advice is spend a bit more and buy better car.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (mofahar @ Aug 19 2010, 08:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350395
Dude.. Hy. Matrix maybe a good buy 7 years ago but not now. Heavy on fuel consumption, expensive parts and maintenance (in Malaysia) and terrible second hand value. My matrix's auto gearbox failed in the seventh year despite regularly changing the ATF as recommended in the manual book.
My friend's Matrix gearbox failed to reverse in the fifth year, while his 1983 BMW auto gearbox still works untill now.
My advice is spend a bit more and buy better car.
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately for my budget I can't seem to find an alternative vehicle that provides the same sort of features. However, I have been advised to stay away from the 1.8 because they are getting a bit old and I'm now looking at 05 or 06.

When the production shifted to Malaysia were there any major changes in the quality of the vehicles?

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts