Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, do you have such thing as a Buyers Guide?, or a list of things to look for that are particular to the Trajet?. I'm thinking of buying an 02 Manual Diesel as it appears to have the best MPG of most of the MPV's that size compared to it's initial cost!. What are the realistic MPG figures?. What are the pitfalls of Trajet ownership?. Do they tow well?, as my caravan weighs 1500Kg fully laiden.

Cheers,
Swanny

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

we do not have a buyers guide as such but there is a stack of information in the trajet forum that will help you, check it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Montego, much appreciated. Are there any big Trajet problems to look out for?, similar to the failing oil pumps in the Sedona?, or cylinder heads on Estimas?.
Cheers,
Swanny

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just checked Parkers website, rather strangely the CRTD is a listed as heavier car but it has a lower max towing weight than the 2.7 petrol.

My impressions of the trajet against the sedona when I was buying were:
- the trajet engine bay looked more spacious and hopefully easier to maintain.
- more toys on the sedona (folding mirrors I think?) nice sliding rear doors and interesting layout with 3 seats in the back row
- sedona was available as an 8 seater in some countries
- some reports of failing 2.5 V6 engines in the sedona
- cheapo plastics on both, paint seems to fall off the door handle surrounds
- both have indicator stalk on the right
- both seemed heavy and slow (but I had never driven a car this size before)

The one on ebay looks tidy enough, have you been to see it yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (andycarter @ Apr 27 2010, 11:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317408
I just checked Parkers website, rather strangely the CRTD is a listed as heavier car but it has a lower max towing weight than the 2.7 petrol.

My impressions of the trajet against the sedona when I was buying were:
- the trajet engine bay looked more spacious and hopefully easier to maintain.
- more toys on the sedona (folding mirrors I think?) nice sliding rear doors and interesting layout with 3 seats in the back row
- sedona was available as an 8 seater in some countries
- some reports of failing 2.5 V6 engines in the sedona
- cheapo plastics on both, paint seems to fall off the door handle surrounds
- both have indicator stalk on the right
- both seemed heavy and slow (but I had never driven a car this size before)

The one on ebay looks tidy enough, have you been to see it yet?
No, not yet. Gonna try and get to see it this weekend with a bit of luck, and as long as I can fix my C5 first!!. Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, before I purchased my 2002 2.0 Trajet CRDi a friend called it a "Tragedy", unfortunately I am beginning to think he was correct. My Trajet has spend the past month in the garage. A friend also has a Trajet CRDi 2002, it has also been in the garage for the past month. The 2.0 CRDi auto is under powered, heavy on diesel and not great for towing. On the plus side it has great room, good seats and looks ok. If I ever get mine on the road again I will be trading for something like a Ford Galaxy.

Let me know if you would like more detail.

Good luck, Fionn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts