Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are in the market for a Hyundai vehicle in the Northern Virginia be careful of Hyundai of Chantilly. Two and half months ago, I purchased a Hyundai vehicle from this dealership. After signing some financial agreement on April 16, I happily drove the car home. Two days later, I was informed my loan was denied by Hyundai Motor Finance, even though my FICO score is above 800. They wanted me to come in and sign some paperwork for different bank with the same payment amount. I found this to be odd because I have never been denied of car loan. And I have owned 5 Porsche 911s and many BMWs and MBs. Anyhow, I just went to the dealership and signed some new documents and went on my way. After almost two months later, I receive a statement from Hyundai Motor Finance stating that I am 15 days late on my first payment on my car loan. So Hyundai of Chantilly received $60,000 on a $30,000 car. I immediately called Hyundai of Chantilly and the sales manager informs me that, they did receive the money from Hyundai Finance by accident and told the Hyundai Finance that my car loan was processed with an another institution. But they accidentally forgot to send the money back. How do you forget to send back $30,000? They assured me that everything will be taken care of and the money will be sent back immediately.
It has been three weeks since my initial conversation with the sales manager and the problem is not completely solved. They have sent the money back but payoff is still pending. Now, I risk of having a late payment of my credit score. I have spent many hours on the phone trying to resolve something that the dealer did wrong. What really makes me mad is; they act like they are taking care of something I did wrong and they are doing me a big favor. I hope my problem with Hyundai of Chantilly is an exceptional and not the norm in the way they do business. To me, this dealership is engaging in unethical business, at least with me. And I hope my problem has some sort of closure soon.
Buyers be careful of this dealership. You have been warned.
Everyone stay safe and healthy during these crazy time. And thank you for letting me vent!

·
Registered
940 Posts
File a complaint with your state attorney general. That site has a "search agency" link which will let you choose motor vehicles, then direct you to the state board of car dealer licensing. (You can also treat it as financial fraud, credit services, etc. I.e., you could report this to multiple agencies.). That could motivate Hyundai of Chantilly to resolve your issue faster than they otherwise would. And, if your experience is part of a larger pattern of fraud, your reports would help agencies detect that.

Also go to the BBB and write a complaint. I think the BBB is a scam. I've seen companies with enormous complaints (over serious matters) who have A+ ratings. The BBB is more about paying "protection money" (the dues). But, they do require members to at least acknowledge complaints, and have an acceptable process for resolving them. You could get some visibility that way, perhaps getting your problem more attention just to shut you up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
+1 with az2008 . We dealt with the BBB and it was a farce . They sided with the company which lied to them and us . The case worker was very rude and made a statement of how he didn't care for me . Talked to manager about the derogative remark and didn't believe it .You'll find the BBB has many complaints against it when searching the net . Good luck .

·
Registered
776 Posts
Google reviews are also a great way to get the message out there. Dealerships really care about Google reviews, and they really look for five stars. Give them a 1-star review and write what you wrote above. Also, next time try Brown's Leesburg Hyundai. It's worth the drive, and they gave me excellent service, both during and after the sale. They respect that I do most of my own work, but I have brought it there occasionally anyway. Always treated with respect and they are a dealer with integrity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts