why I say was is because the car was hit by a red light runner and
totaled. The car took a serious hit and both airbags deflated
immediately and not only did I not recieve any chemical burns, but I
walked away with only a small scar on my hand. If you're thinking
about this car, buy it. You'll love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi I was jsut scrolling though this forum as I today get solution from this forum which was troubling me a lot...I noticed to what have you written about this car. Well everything was OK but you say great mileage...sorry cant support this view...maybe i had badluck for this part..my car drinks too much :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It depends on how you drive your car. It's not a huge car, so its not going to use as much as say an estate car. I don't have to spend much on mine and i drive my accent pretty hard.

The amount of petrol an accent uses is, obviously the same for every car, how hard you drive it. If you pull away fast and stick to the lower gears if its manual, then you will go through petrol like an starved child would go through a decent meal. However, if you keep your revs around 2,000 you'll find it's got quite good fuel economy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I seem to get around 37-40mpg on my 1.3 averaged over all driving conditions, which I think is quite acceptable. It's not the best, but it isn't the worst in its class either.

One thing I would definitely say is, because the engine doesn't have that much torque, don't keep the gears too low. If you go around at 25-30mph around town in 4th gear, the engine is laboured, and will consume more gas. 3rd is better. And with it being a smaller engine, its best fuel economy on the motorway is between 55 and 65mph, so driving it at 85 the whole time will result in it being less fuel efficient than a 2l engine at the same speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Leo@Jul 27 2004, 10:59 PM
This car was GREAT. Excellent on gas millage, easy to see out of all
the hard angles, comfortable, easy to use, and very safe. The reason
why I say was is because the car was hit by a red light runner and
totaled. The car took a serious hit and both airbags deflated
immediately and not only did I not recieve any chemical burns, but I
walked away with only a small scar on my hand. If you're thinking
about this car, buy it. You'll love it.
[snapback]462[/snapback]​

Hi Leo is yours a GT model?auto or manual?

Sujane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts