Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the end of my lease on a mazda6 and am very interested in buying the new sonata turbo but I never own a Hyundai before and I wonder how is the general quality (product service etc…). The previous sonata had great built quality but new generation has a lot of new technologies that I don’t know if Hyundai master. Should I take the risk ???

·
Registered
386 Posts
well i can say they have improved tremendously in quality for the new sonata. Surpassing the previous Sonata

They do numerous quality checks before leaving the plant so you will be very satisfied.

Drive one and then come back. You will become a believer :)

·
Banned
873 Posts
well honestly.. the best choice is up to you and your personal feelings.. its obvious that you are going to receive 99% positive feedback about the sonatas if you come to the 'hyundai forums' and ask about the general quality and if you should buy it or not.. look carefully into it, test drive other midsize segment cars that falls under your price range, pic which one you like the best, your personal experience falls down to the best choice.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Having never driven a Hyundai before, and coming from a 2007 Infiniti and a 2007 Audi A4, I will say that their quality is quite high for the price paid. Does it equal that of a luxury car costing much more? No. It is however, a great car for the money and one that satisfies my need for luxury, performance, gas mileage, and price point. It's a winning combination if you ask me.

If you liked the previous generation Sonata, you will very much so enjoy the 2011 Sonata. It is a great step forward.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (phil272 @ Nov 9 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370154
I am at the end of my lease on a mazda6 and am very interested in buying the new sonata turbo but I never own a Hyundai before and I wonder how is the general quality (product service etc…). The previous sonata had great built quality but new generation has a lot of new technologies that I don’t know if Hyundai master. Should I take the risk ???
What other cars are you considering?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I switched to Hyundai after 25 years of Honda and Nissan ownership (9 vehicles in total), and today after 60,000 km I am still impressed with the build quality and reliability of my Santa Fe. Probably the best-built vehicle I have ever owned.

My only negative observation is that Hyundais are not immune to the sort of first-year gremlins which plague so many cars. Over in the Santa Fe 2G archives you will find many posts about the 2007 models, as well as a few stories of buggy operation with the new 6-speed transmissions in 2010. As for the Sonata turbo, I note that the first production run has already been the subject of a TSB for an out-of-spec oil supply line.

You will almost certainly love your new Hyundai. But if you are phobic about first-year bugs and service bulletins, I'd wait a few months and look for a 2011 production date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. Buy it. Test drive it first to be sure its up to par with zoom zoom. It will be. The SE is more 'sport' oriented, handles more responsively. The Limited handles more refined and absorbs bumps better, still handles nicely plus added amenities. ALG says the 2011 sonata residual value is up 11% to 55%, the highest resale in its class. Has 5yr/60k basic and 10/100k powertrain should you need it. Consumers Reports deems the nota 'very good' for reliability. Pick and choose

You may also want to consider the 2010+ Mazda 6 S, slightly faster by a few tenths. Based on the proven Fusion. Could be a customer loyalty bonus from Mazda to sweeten the deal

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hyundai offers one of the best new car warranties in the business.
100k powertrain should give anyone a warm, cozy feeling, along with 5/60 b to b and roadside assistance.

Companies usually don't offer warranties that they don't think the product deserves.
Most American cars are offering 3/36, and that shows how confident they are in their products.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Iam also considering the sonata, still have one month to decide. I am also considering the fusion and accord. The sonata and accord go top safety ratings, 5 stars. I like them all for various reasons. I may just come down to who gives me the best deal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (Nephrodoc @ Nov 11 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370825
Iam also considering the sonata, still have one month to decide. I am also considering the fusion and accord.

I also considered the Fusion, but after driving it, decided against it.
The standard engine provides almost no pickup, and the car felt huge compared to my Sonata.
You can buy the bigger motor and sacrifice the fuel economy. I chose not to do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts