Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the other day this retard hit a dog and the dog bounced off his car and hit mine which resulted in the lower mid part of my bumper being busted... so i was thinking of quick fixes and this came up. since its sorta like dented(broken in a part) what do u guys think if i applied heat unbented it and for the lower grill applied an aluminum mesh ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It would be comprehensive if it was an animal. Similar happened to me ...a cat jumped out of the ditch ...I was doing 100km/hr...the little begger ran away!

I bent it back and used epoxy putty applied to the back side...seems to work ok and holds it in place (the crack is not really noticeable unless you are looking for it)...my A/C condenser is now conical so I will probably file a claim when I get a chance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i filed a claim its just that if i can spare a couple of dollars of the insurance i could use for other stuff for car :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
First, I hope the dog is okay.

I feel the pain, an idiot damaged my rear side bumper just below the gas cap trying to squeeze his SUV into a parking spot. Paint job and side crushed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got in a fender bender in october and they have to put a whole new bumper on as well as fix my hood lock since its not sitting straight. its gonna set me back about $750.That being said anything you could do yourself could def save some cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts