Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this may be a silly question but I picked up my new I10 on Friday and since then I have noticed when driving or getting out of the car there is a "burning smell". Is this normal for the I10 when its new (as I have never had a new car before I dont know if this is normal). Could this be the breaks, clutch etc bedding in?

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ May 9 2010, 11:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321133
Hi all, this may be a silly question but I picked up my new I10 on Friday and since then I have noticed when driving or getting out of the car there is a "burning smell". Is this normal for the I10 when its new (as I have never had a new car before I dont know if this is normal). Could this be the breaks, clutch etc bedding in?
Hi
Mine also did the same for about the first 50-75 miles. I pressume it is due to everything being brand new exhaust etc, but if you are unsure I would give the garage a call to be on the safe side

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Matt.C @ May 9 2010, 11:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321142
Hi
Mine also did the same for about the first 50-75 miles. I pressume it is due to everything being brand new exhaust etc, but if you are unsure I would give the garage a call to be on the safe side

thanks . I have only done 50 miles so far so will give it a week or two to see if it settles down if not will contact the garage. :liebe011:

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ May 9 2010, 11:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321133
Hi, mine also has a slight burning smell when new, even now, I think its the catalyst and the exhaust and its normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine did the same. 3 miles after I bought the car, I stopped for petrol and noticed a strong burning smell, possibly from the exhaust. I never noticed it again, though. :57:

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my car too..burning smell comes when driving uphill everyday to office..it started from when it was new.Now I drove 3500 kms still the problem persist. Please suggest..

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my car too..burning smell comes when driving uphill everyday to office..it started from when it was new.Now I drove 3500 kms still the problem persist. Please suggest..
9 year old thread. You might want to start a new one with more details about your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts