Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my 2006 Tuscon in a dealership for service; when ascending a hill at approximately 40mph for greater that a 1 mile distance and either a car window or roof window open, there is a strong odor of burning rubber in the car. There are no such locations in the vicinity of the repair center and they could not duplicate the odor. They checked the exhaust system and brakes, were okay. The odor occurs EVERY time on my way home up this hill. We purchased the vehicle used in December and it was not until last month (April) that we could ride with any windows open. WHAT IS IT??? WHAT DO I DO??? There is now less than 4000 miles on my warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2004 2.0 CDX has 126500 miles on the clock and with the windows open you have always been able to smell rubber, when I first noticed it kept an eye on the temperature gauge but the indicator has never gone past normal. So have lived with the smell which has not caused me any problems for the past 5 1/2 years

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I suggest, since the warranty is almost out, that you be SURE you have documented evidence of the small. If you need to go to three different dealers three different times, have a written record of the problem before the warranty is finished. That way, if something actually breaks that can cause the burning rubber smell, you can say the problem developed during the warranty period.

Documentation can be your friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.