Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Accent GS (3 door) currently has approximately 1700 miles and I figure I'll be doing my first oil change shortly so a couple questions came to me.

1) What oil filter do you guys use? Cheapest thing you can find, OEM, Fram, etc?
2) I'm toying with the idea of switching to synthetic oil. Do you guys use dino or synthetic? Also, how many miles should I go to "break in" the engine before making the switch if I do?

As I had mentioned above, I have a 2010 Accent GS. So here's a few other questions.

3) Where can I buy a shop manual for this vehicle? Or, where can I gain access to an electronic version of it?
4) Does the GS come with the quick shift kit for the stick (manual transmission)? And if it doesn't, how much shorter of a throw will the short shift kit affect it?
5) Does any manufacturer make a rubber liner for the trunk to help keep dirt and/or mud from wrecking the carpeting?

I appreciate your help.
David

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
QUOTE (yoda4x4 @ Jul 25 2010, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344648
My 2010 Accent GS (3 door) currently has approximately 1700 miles and I figure I'll be doing my first oil change shortly so a couple questions came to me.

1) What oil filter do you guys use? Cheapest thing you can find, OEM, Fram, etc?
2) I'm toying with the idea of switching to synthetic oil. Do you guys use dino or synthetic? Also, how many miles should I go to "break in" the engine before making the switch if I do?

As I had mentioned above, I have a 2010 Accent GS. So here's a few other questions.

3) Where can I buy a shop manual for this vehicle? Or, where can I gain access to an electronic version of it?
4) Does the GS come with the quick shift kit for the stick (manual transmission)? And if it doesn't, how much shorter of a throw will the short shift kit affect it?
5) Does any manufacturer make a rubber liner for the trunk to help keep dirt and/or mud from wrecking the carpeting?

I appreciate your help.
David
1-2. I use oem or purolator. I switched to full synthetic at first oil change, around 3700 miles.
3. Hmaservice.com make a free account
4. You can get the SE's B&M short throw shifter to install in your gs. I hear it improves feel substantially but I haven't driven a gs so couldn't tell you.
5. Hyundai does make rubber mats. Lots of accessories can be found here for cheap. Hyundaiparts4u.com

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be getting soon my 4door 2010 Accent Manual Trans.
Can someone give me tips for new owner like me.
I need to know the following as I am new in cage stuffs(anything about cub, no problem to me)
*first change oil, how many kms/miles?
*usual change oil interval? for dino or synthetic.
*change to synthetic from dino, how many miles needed?
*front tire pressure( rear also )?
*hard break-in is advisable?
*do's and don'ts
*regular checklist
*gear/trans oil change interval(manual transmission)
*permissible rim width, diameter, and offset under stock.
*what is the size of stock rim (5.5J x 15" what is the offset?)?
*permissible rim width and offset for R16 and R17
*permissible tire combo for R16 and R17 rims.

thats all for now, i will raise a lot of Q's in the future as being a new guy with a cage :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
since most of the questiosn were already answer, i would suggest using the search function, there are couple threads with this information.
and about the oil change, i just take it to the dealer, 19.95 which is about the same price if i buy it and do it myself and of course i trust my dealer :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (omg grip @ Jul 25 2010, 06:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344664
1-2. I use oem or purolator. I switched to full synthetic at first oil change, around 3700 miles.
3. Hmaservice.com make a free account
4. You can get the SE's B&M short throw shifter to install in your gs. I hear it improves feel substantially but I haven't driven a gs so couldn't tell you.
5. Hyundai does make rubber mats. Lots of accessories can be found here for cheap. Hyundaiparts4u.com
I went to hmaservice.com and was in the process of signing up, but got stumped. Which model do I have as there's 3 listed: Accent (LC), Accent (MC), and Accent (X3)?

QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jul 26 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344818
Half of these questions can be answered by reading your owners manual...
bloodninja - I appreciate your feedback but just because your owner's manual tells you to do something doesn't mean it's the best or absolute thing that you must do. For instance, your owner's manual will always tell you to use OEM products for any service related task. Heck, it'll tell you that you should have your dealership perform all your services. And unless you've got a ton of $$$ to spend, alot of people do their own servicing as it typically is alot cheaper.

One new question, what oil brand does everyone use?

Thanks for your replies.
David

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They just send you the same password, so it really doesnt matter if you forget, they will send you an email with it. At least thats what i do when this happens and of course with the time you just memorize it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
man switch to synthetic oil its the only way to go in my eyes i use a k&n oil filter and the new penzoil fully synthetic oil but i am leaning toward switch to royal purple they make a filter as well and the filter dont pass 15 bucks so they are easy on the pockets cant say the same for the oil though :57:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I definately changed my password on hmaservice. I am on there now trying to figure out how I did it, I think this is how....

Go to My Page -> My Info
you will be promped to enter your PW again.

Once on that page, I think you enter your new desired password in the blank "Password" and "Confirm Pass." boxes, then click the edit button in the upper right corner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts