Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I installed a Hyundai OEM bumper protector on my white 2013 GLS hatchback last weekend and thought I would share for anyone else who is interested in one. I often haul survey equipment, construction signs, and other supplies for work and was worried about accidently scratching the paint. The product came to about $45 CDN. It fit perfectly and was easier than expected to install. It came with the soap solution, squeegee and detailed instructions. The instructions list the difficulty rating as 'master technician' but I would say that is way over estimated. All in all it took me about 30 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey all,

I installed a Hyundai OEM bumper protector on my white 2013 GLS hatchback last weekend and thought I would share for anyone else who is interested in one. I often haul survey equipment, construction signs, and other supplies for work and was worried about accidently scratching the paint. The product came to about $45 CDN. It fit perfectly and was easier than expected to install. It came with the soap solution, squeegee and detailed instructions. The instructions list the difficulty rating as 'master technician' but I would say that is way over estimated. All in all it took me about 30 minutes.
Thats interesting. I wish one was made for the lower portion of the front bumper. It's so low that a curb that is slightly off specs in height will scrape the heck out of the bottom bumper.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes.. It's available as a Canadian dealer installed option when you buy a new car, or you can pick one up at the parts counter at any Canadian Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Except I am not in Canada.

I like the black ones better thinking it should be more sturdier than clear ones. My Mazda has a black one and works very well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good !!! Why is your MPG so low???
Thanks.

And, probably due to the fact that I do a lot of city driving, a lot of short trips, some rural road driving but next to no highway, idling and putting around a lot of job sites, and frequent hard acceleration responding to fire/emergency calls...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi. Looks great. Did you get this from the dealership?
Yes. It was purchased at the same dealership where I bought the car. Don't know if it is Only available in Canada or not...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is just what I am looking for! Do you have a website link for this item?
No, I do not. My wife went in to the dealership in person to purchase. From what I gather in this thread, it may not be available from US dealers...

If you are handy, you could make your own out of PVC vinyl film.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts