Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
Well, after much discussion, including coming on here (thanks to those who answered my previous questions :)), we bit the bullet today and ordered a 2010 Santa Fe GL. I was temped by the Indigo Blue paint, but black won over in the end. We pick up the new car on Wednesday.

I do have a couple of questions however:

iPhone 3GS:
I have one of the above (plus access to iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G) and I've looked on delaerfit and it seems to suggest the iPod cable is just that, it won't work with the touch or the iPhone. I find that a little hard to believe, but could one of the more knowledgable types on here let me know if this is true and what the alternatives are (simply 3.5 to 3.5 cable to the 3.5 jack? bluetooth?) Oh, it's running 3.1.3 at present, am too lazy to go to 4.1 (would put 4.2 on it but too much of a risk, will leave that for the phones at work :D)

Cargo Load Cover:
Firstly, seems a bit expensive, are there any decent third party covers that would work, or is it the official one or nothing? also, I've seen mention of having to drill holes to fit it. Seems a little hardcore, and not something I'd like to do to my brand new car. My Impreza Wagon of old had a load cover and it was fully removable, no drilling to install, and that was a '94, one would like to think designers think about these kind of things, so drilling required?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Santa Fe family. :thumbsup:

I don't have an iPhone (anymore) but my dealer felt compelled to tell me that if you have the iPhone hooked into the Bluetooth, it will no longer work as an iPod or vice versa. Either way some level of functionality is compromised.

As for the cargo cover, my dealer told me Hyundai has no plans on making one, either now or in the future. However I am in the US and from what the Canadian posse has told me, the situation is a bit different north of the 49th Parallel. I'd check with your dealer in regards to availability.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome :)

Hmm, so BT handsfree or iPod usage, that's a little annoying, however, I rarely use the phone side of things in the car anyway. If a call is important they can leave me a voicemail and I'll get back to them.

That is interesting about the cargo cover, as the rear of the trunk area, ie; by the hatch/door does have recesses to accept the end of a cover, unless that's for something else? I'll have another look when it turns up on wednesday.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a part number, would you? I'd really like to get one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Got mine in late July! :)

As for the iPhone, I too have the 3Gs and it DOES work with the Hyundai iPod cable, but it's VERY limited control from my experiences. There may be a method to increase level of control, but it was too **** hot that week and I tossed it into a compartment. I haven't used it since mid-August.

Instead I use bluetooth for the phone AND streaming music (yes, it DOES stream via bluetooth, hard to figure it out though...trial and error) and usually plug it into a car -charger to not drain the battery if on a drive more than 15-20 minutes.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (wireman @ Oct 10 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362453
I have seen them at my dealers, but they have to order them
There have been several threads on this item. The general consensus is that Hyundai has NOT released any for the 2010 models, dealers DO have access to 2009 versions, which ARE different.

I myself have been to three dealers and all three have showed me accessory paperwork that ALL say "under development". The consensus in the other threads have been we'll never see them unless the 2011 versions (if made) for the 2010s.

It really miffs me as it is something I dearly miss (had such covers with my two Ford Explorers).

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (DuckSoup @ Oct 10 2010, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362459
Congrats on the new purchase. Got mine in late July! :)

As for the iPhone, I too have the 3Gs and it DOES work with the Hyundai iPod cable, but it's VERY limited control from my experiences. There may be a method to increase level of control, but it was too **** hot that week and I tossed it into a compartment. I haven't used it since mid-August.

Instead I use bluetooth for the phone AND streaming music (yes, it DOES stream via bluetooth, hard to figure it out though...trial and error) and usually plug it into a car -charger to not drain the battery if on a drive more than 15-20 minutes.

Mike
<strike>Does the streaming via BlueTooth only work if you have the NAV setup? We've not got the NAV, we have whatever is standard in the GL. Any advice on how to setup the non-nav system to stream would be appreciated.</strike>

Bozo mode, or more specifically, non RTFBM moment. Just realized I've got a PDF of the SF manual and on 4-130 it states

Code:
Using the head unit as Bluetooth music
The head unit supports A2DP (Audio Advanced Distribution Profile) and AVRCP(Audio Video Remote Control Profile).
Both profiles are available for listening to the MP3 music via Bluetooth cellular phone supporting above Bluetooth profiles.
To play MP3 music from the Bluetooth cellular phone, press the [AUX] button until the mp3 mode is displayed. Then try playing music by phone.
When playing music from the Bluetooth cellular phone, the head unit displays MP3 MODE.

✽ NOTICE • The Bluetooth cellular phones shall feature A2DP and AVRCP functions. • Some A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth cel- lular phones may not play music through the head unit on first try.
Please try the below; i.e : Menu➟File manager➟Music➟Option➟Play via Bluetooth
• Do Please refer to your Bluetooth cel- lular phone User Guide for more details. To stop music, try stop music by phone then push the FM or CD button.
Another question for you all. The body color is black, so we have a grey cloth interior. I'm looking at WeatherTec mats (front and rear) and am wondering which would be a more suitable color, the black or grey ones? I'm not sure if black would stand out too much over the grey interior, or if the grey ones would be too overpowering. Comments welcome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update on the iPhone side of life. I did follow the instructions as posted and was, after managing to get the phone and car to stay connected (think I need to make sure BT is always enabled on the iPhone), able to stream music over bluetooth, fantastic! small things / small minds and all that :D

Phone via bluetooth worked well as well. Very impressed indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts