Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Can we have one summary thread where we can post all the bulbs cat numbers, so everyone can quickly check the data? We could also post "cool" replacement part numbers with links to online stores. Let me kick this off with simple ones:

DRL - H7; 55W running at low voltage; High beam - H7; 55W running at full voltage - this is one bulb for DRL/High beam
Headlights - H7; 55W

Fog Lights: H8, 35W

Front map lights are 8W 31mm Festoon bulbs
Trunk light is a 5W 31mm Festoon bulb
Rear room light is a 6W 194 style bulb (2 of them)
Glove box is a 5W 36mm Festoon bulb

Brake light is a 28W white 2357 bulb
Running light is a white 194 bulb no wattage markings (looks identical to the room lamp bulb)
Rear turn is a 27W Amber 1156 bulb
Rear side marker is a white 194 bulb (same as the running light)

Thanks Souks for helping with this!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
pulled out my old tails and this is what is in them. . I did pull all the interior lights out to look and there are no markings on them to identify the bulb type. What I found is:

Brake light is a 8W white 2357 bulb
Running light is a white 194 bulb no wattage markings (looks identical to the room lamp bulb)

I'm going to assume front turn signals are going to be the same as the rear turn signals. So only thing left is driver and passenger door light. Some have replaced these so they can prbably answer that one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Souks @ May 1 2010, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318518
pulled out my old tails and this is what is in them. . I did pull all the interior lights out to look and there are no markings on them to identify the bulb type. What I found is:

I'm going to assume front turn signals are going to be the same as the rear turn signals. So only thing left is driver and passenger door light. Some have replaced these so they can prbably answer that one.
Awesome! Thanks! Now we got all the bulbs cat numbers in one thread! One more time, thanks guys!... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You want to update your original post to include all the bulbs? Just faster reference for everyone to see it all in the first post.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice, I have a bunch of 194 LEDs left over from my old car. Seems like I can replace the plates, the door and the rear dome lights with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (ula @ Apr 30 2010, 08:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318172
Guys,
Can we have one summary thread where we can post all the bulbs cat numbers, so everyone can quickly check the data? We could also post "cool" replacement part numbers with links to online stores. Let me kick this off with simple ones:

DRL - H7; 55W running at low voltage; High beam - H7; 55W running at full voltage - this is one bulb for DRL/High beam
Headlights - H7; 55W

Are you sure the brake lights are 8W? That seams impossible to me. As far as I know brake lights are 21W. They are double lights position and brake lights.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (tibike @ May 2 2010, 08:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318797
Are you sure the brake lights are 8W? That seams impossible to me. As far as I know brake lights are 21W. They are double lights position and brake lights.
I think you are correct, i will check this later today, now i'm enjoying my morning coffee... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
haha, I took that number off the bulb guess they only listed the running side of it. The manual says 28 / 8 Watt, so 28W when brakes are applied and 8 watts when they are not.

It says the front turns are 28Watt intead of 27Watt for the rear so they are different too.

So we need to fill in the following:

Front turn signal
Front side marker
Vanity mirror light

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fogs are 37Watt. All wattage info for all bulbs is inside the manual. The only thing Hyundai doesn't list in the manul is bulb sizes which is strange.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (ula @ Apr 30 2010, 07:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318172
Guys,

Headlights - H7; 55W

you didn't add Fog 35w H8 yet! ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ May 3 2010, 09:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319261
Fogs are 37Watt. All wattage info for all bulbs is inside the manual. The only thing Hyundai doesn't list in the manul is bulb sizes which is strange.

some of them are on the car

if you open the hood and see top of the head light, you'll see the bulb sizes on it.

so i'm guessing the others are on somewhere....

1 - 20 of 227 Posts