Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody upgraded the 27 watt bulbs that come with the Korean version foglights that Shark Racing markets for the US 2011 GLS?
They look nice but the light output is wimpy, like your battery is going dead. I believe there are 37 and 55 watt halogen bulbs that fit the housing, but seem to be longer. Anybody try these yet?
Update: Googled 881 bulb and found this link http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?showtopic=19475 Tells quite a story. Maybe leaving the 27 watt bulbs or maybe LED replacements are the only options that wont cause a meltdown. I'm still very interested in other opinions or observations.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Scott2011: I have the same problem here, I was trying to upgrade those lousy 27 watt bulbs which barely produce any light. after reading your post link, I decided to go the safe route and get H8 LEDs from ebay. Unfortunately they are too wide to fit through foglight housing, now I'm debating if it's worth the risk upgrading to 55w bulbs. Because the link in your post is referring to previous generation sonata, maybe Hyundai has "fixed" foglights to be able to handle more heat?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (ak969 @ Nov 22 2010, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373997
Scott2011: I have the same problem here, I was trying to upgrade those lousy 27 watt bulbs which barely produce any light. after reading your post link, I decided to go the safe route and get H8 LEDs from ebay. Unfortunately they are too wide to fit through foglight housing, now I'm debating if it's worth the risk upgrading to 55w bulbs. Because the link in your post is referring to previous generation sonata, maybe Hyundai has "fixed" foglights to be able to handle more heat?
I'm about to order a pair of 862 bulbs. (Probably not until after Turkey day) They are the same right angle P22d base but 37 watts (754 lumens). I think they will be safe to use without worry, even in the summertime if you wish. I found them at servicelighting.com $8.23 each
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts