Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Anyone have any info on the low beam and fog light bulb sizes for 2014s? I checked my manual quickly and there was nothing to be found.. Online doesn't turn up much info.

Thanks!

·
22,793 Posts
If it's the same as the 2011-2013 platform, it's an 880 or 881 bulb for the fog lamp. Bulb female socket configuration is the only difference. Straight female versus 90 degree female to mate up with the male wiring harness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's the same as the 2011-2013 platform, it's an 880 or 881 bulb for the fog lamp. Bulb female socket configuration is the only difference. Straight female versus 90 degree female to mate up with the male wiring harness.
Thanks Rich. Not sure if they are the same fitament as 11-13, the fog itself is slightly changed, but thinking that could be purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I suppose you could take the bulb out and read the number either etched/stamped/molded to the bulb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose you could take the bulb out and read the number either etched/stamped/molded to the bulb
That will be my last option... haha. Living in Ontario, Canada doesn't let itself to laying underneath the car on Feb 28th to get a bulb size. I can wait to order the HID's till its warmer

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2014 projector headlights low beam H7 and high beam H1, fog light 880
You are the best! Thanks!!!!!! Now I can order up the HID's!

Another question since you seem to be the guru of these cars!

35w/55w slim ballast HID's? My concern is with the additional heat generated by the 55w bulb - think it will be a problem?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I used 55W on my kits bright and wide focus.
Make sure projectors bowl are metal some cheap projectors are make from plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used 55W on my kits bright and wide focus.
Make sure projectors bowl are metal some cheap projectors are make from plastic.
Does limited and GLS use same bulbs for 2014 elantra? Just purchased the limited but no sure what kind of bulbs for low beam and fog light. thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2014 projector headlights low beam H7 and high beam H1, fog light 880
These bulb sizes are incorrect.

I ordered the H7s, opened up the headlight and found 9005 bulbs in there. The fog lights I havent got a chance to check out yet... but Hyundai Parts tells me they are actually an H8.

Will be getting under the car hopefully this weekend to confirm the fog bulbs so I can re-order the correct sizes for the heads and fogs.

·
22,793 Posts
Does limited and GLS use same bulbs for 2014 elantra? Just purchased the limited but no sure what kind of bulbs for low beam and fog light. thanks
:00000732: Welcome to the forums, zmh1175. Unless they (OEM) have done something erratic that I don't know about, they should be identical across the board...all the way back to the 2011's. :thumbsup:

·
22,793 Posts
Here you go:

I like how the Koreans spelled "Wattage" at the top of the page and "Festoon" at the bottom. But I "heard what they meant!" :grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
These bulb sizes are incorrect.

I ordered the H7s, opened up the headlight and found 9005 bulbs in there. The fog lights I havent got a chance to check out yet... but Hyundai Parts tells me they are actually an H8.

Will be getting under the car hopefully this weekend to confirm the fog bulbs so I can re-order the correct sizes for the heads and fogs.
Is your model limited or GLS?thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now this is gona very crazy.2014 elantra's low beam comes with 3 difference bulb now H7,H11,9005 what the **** is that. I think best way is pull out the bulb when the car is arrived, Your guy are all liers

·
22,793 Posts
BTW, the only difference between the 880 and the 881 fog light bulbs is the base. One is at 90 degrees, the other is straight. It's all about your preference for the male to female connection. Straight in, or angled. I put in the 90 degree set. Simply as a matter of personal choice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts