Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the bulb number for the license plate ? I removed the bulb but the only thing i could make out on the bulb was 49L 12v 5w

Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
In previous years it was 168/194 type bulbs, I would be surprised if they changed that.

Are they short wedge type bulbs? The 194 is 12v 5w bulb.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
W5w. It's written on the lens cover. Most bulb types on written on the lens cover for example headlights say h7 twice. The only ones that aren't listed are turn signals and tail and stop lights. Backup light is 921 which is technically the same as the license light.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just make sure they are same lenght or shorter than stock bulbs or you won't get the lens cover back on. The ones I got off ebay was just a bit longer, got the cover on but you can see a bit of a cover on the cover from the bulb pushing against it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what I have. They are pretty bright. Use code E936K3 for 10% off.

2 HID 6K WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

[attachment=17602:4481039.jpg]

[attachment=17601:CIMG1324.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wanting to get led license plate bulbs for my 2011 sonata. The bulbs im looking at are at my local autozone for $9.99 each (sylvania led plate bulb part #168-194 led. Will those work fine? Im a little confused about resistor or canbus. Not sure what that is but noticed it mentioned in some led threads. Guess my question is will those bulbs work without needing anything else? Thx for helping.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just go on eBay and search 168 led, make sure the seller is located in the states so you don't have to wait for weeks to get them. I ordered 20 of them for like $6 a year or so ago and swapped out bulbs on 3 cars and haven't had a single fault on them.
Once again make sure the seller in in the USA before you place your order, and make sure they don't have high shipping, I paid like $.50 for shipping for mine. I'll look through my history and see if I can find the seller

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im fine with the price on the ones i mentioned. Wanted to go get them and install them today but didn't know if they would work for me. Will i get any error codes or any other problems if i use those? Noticed words in other led threads about resistor, canbus and error free bulbs so wasn't sure what i needed. If someone tells me that I'll be good with those I'll purchase and install them.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Im fine with the price on the ones i mentioned. Wanted to go get them and install them today but didn't know if they would work for me. Will i get any error codes or any other problems if i use those? Noticed words in other led threads about resistor, canbus and error free bulbs so wasn't sure what i needed. If someone tells me that I'll be good with those I'll purchase and install them.
The ONLY time you need a resister with an LED is when the circuit is monitored for a "bulb out" condition. The lighting circuits are monitored for current draw. LEDs do not draw much current, so the computer (or flasher) concludes the bulb is burned out. The resister is just there to increase the current draw on the circuit to a level near equal to an incandescent (regular or halogen) bulb.

Generally, it is just Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Tail Lights and Head Lights that get monitored. If you have any concerns, just remove one of the bulbs and see if your vehicle gives any kind of alert.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ok i understand. Good idea about pulling a plate light to see if i get an alert. . I'll try that and hopefully the plate light isn't monitored and go from there. Thx for the help!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Those bulbs from Auto Zone will work but don't know how bright they will be as I've not heard. Shop around for bright led bulbs, same number.

I believe you only need resistors on the Sonata with turn signals.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Savagexx1 - Lights look good to me.
Thanks and yes its a nice difference. It even lights up part of the back bumper which is hard to tell in the pic. I was sitting in traffic the other night and noticed the backend of a new Mercedes and wondered why it looked much brighter and nicer than all the other cars around it. Then it clicked to me they use LED plate lights so i had to have them lol. Its a very nice bright white.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just go on eBay and search 168 led, make sure the seller is located in the states so you don't have to wait for weeks to get them. I ordered 20 of them for like $6 a year or so ago and swapped out bulbs on 3 cars and haven't had a single fault on them.
Once again make sure the seller in in the USA before you place your order, and make sure they don't have high shipping, I paid like $.50 for shipping for mine. I'll look through my history and see if I can find the seller
Price has gone up a bit . . .

20pcs T10 White 168 194 501 W5W 10 SMD LED Car Side Wedge Light Lamp Bulb DC 12V | eBay

I got mine in two days . . . shipping was free. Come to 55 cents a bulb. They seem to be brighter than the originals I removed.

I replaced the plate bulbs and the rear side markers so far-- where else can these 168 bulbs be used?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts