Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest hood protector for 2018 Tucson? Especially interested to know if there is a model that comes up over headlights. Thanks in advance for alls time.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm sure there's no change to the hood from the 2017 to the 2018 so 2017 accessories should/will fit fine.. there might not be any "2018" accessories out yet.

You've got a few options, although limited. These are the 3 that I know of...

1) OEM Hyundai .. does not go up to the headlights. I have this.

2) OEM Hyundai CANADA -- goes up to the headlights ... good luck sourcing one though, and expect to pay a lot more for it. There was one person on the forum offering to ship Canadian versions of it, don't know if he still would do that. I wish I had this.

3) I've seen on the forum that AVS has one.. doesn't do much for the headlights and doesn't attach the same way as the OEM ones (not as good in my opinion), but it looks decent enough.

A 4th option would be a hood wrap..... the plastic stick on stuff..... not a fan of this although a lot of people swear by it. Expensive to get it done though.

You can find pictures of all of these in the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure there's no change to the hood from the 2017 to the 2018 so 2017 accessories should/will fit fine.. there might not be any "2018" accessories out yet.

You've got a few options, although limited. These are the 3 that I know of...

2) OEM Hyundai CANADA -- goes up to the headlights ... good luck sourcing one though, and expect to pay a lot more for it. There was one person on the forum offering to ship Canadian versions of it, don't know if he still would do that. I wish I had this.

3) I've seen on the forum that AVS has one.. doesn't do much for the headlights and doesn't attach the same way as the OEM ones (not as good in my opinion), but it looks decent enough.

A 4th option would be a hood wrap..... the plastic stick on stuff..... not a fan of this although a lot of people swear by it. Expensive to get it done though.

You can find pictures of all of these in the forum.
Thanks tenergy for extensive info. Will research this Canada connection.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I had canadian model as well supplied several of them to our members from the south....Before I was always doing 3m protection etc...+ hood deflector and it worked ok....however with tucson I really love the hood deflector even with no 3m hood protector! Definitely worth the money .

·
Registered
113 Posts
I purchased the AVS one in smoke. It is really nice and comes up halfway to the headlights. My only concern is the same reason why I haven't installed it yet... It attaches directly to the hood with 3m tape, so what happens when I want to remove it? The low profile open ones make me nervous too though because light debris could accumulate and cause damage anyways. What a dilemma LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jeff I just put the same one you got on my Tucson, I had the same fears also, but I figured it will always be on there or some day replaced with another one so not too concerned about what will lie underneath, also I saw a YouTube video on how to remove it with dental floss and the tape residue comes off with automotive goo gone which can be found at most auto parts stores. It looks really good once installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad to hear that, I'm going to put mine on this Thursday. I've been doing a bunch of small things so far, loving the car. I added the Torcon blow-off plate, a little more bass, some stainless steel trim by the interior door handles and some other odds and ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Can anyone suggest hood protector for 2018 Tucson? Especially interested to know if there is a model that comes up over headlights. Thanks in advance for alls time.
Mall1953, if interested, I have new OEM Hyundai (Canada) part # D3F24 AP000 hood protector available. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mall1953, replied back. Experiencing issues with PM, and want to confirm you received. If convenient, PM e-mail and will forward information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was this a pain to install??

BTW...I just joined because we bought a new 2018 last week. Also ordered the OEM hood deflector and started looking at the install instructions last night.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
no need to pay a lot for canadian style! I can help, no extra money needs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts