Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a long trip and the front of the car was covered with Kamikaze
bugs..... My favorite job ...getting bugs off the front end and mirrors.
I have several brand of so called bug cleaners that don't work very well so I tried something different.... Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom cleaner and it worked better than anything I ever used.
#1 cover area with a heavy coat of cleaner
#2 wait about 5 min.
#3 recoat with clear
#4 wait about 5 min
#5 spray with jet water
#6 Most bugs GONE
This stuff didn't appear to remove the wax finish... It still beads water

Cleaner is made by S C Johnson

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks. will have to try that. do frequent road trips with alot of country driving. Bugs try to repaint the front bumper with their body

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would use spray wax and a nylon stocking. The stocking is soft, yet a fine abrasive. Your find seems to be a bit better, as "Scrubbing Bubbles does the work, so you don't have to".

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry guys but, I'm not going to use scrubbing bubbles for the bathroom on my car surface. It may work well, just not for me.

I'm sure if you did a search on google you will find information by professional detailers as to what to use that will be a lot safer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best thing I have found is Krudkuter from Lowe's. Just spray it on and the bugs start melting. It is safe on your paint. Just spray, wipe with a clean wet or dry cloth. I used it on my airplane since it is safe on aluminum. If the bugs are not fresh it may take several cycles. I carry a little bottle in my truck to use before I go through the car wash. Give it a try.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks I will try the Krudkuter. Currently using Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Works very well but older can. Don't know if they still sell this product. Hard to fine last year.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I will try the Krudkuter. Currently using Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Works very well but older can. Don't know if they still sell this product. Hard to fine last year.
I have used Turtle wax bug remover recently and did not get good results. Never had much luck with petroleum based removers plus they leave oily residue.
I looked up Krudkuter and reviews are mixed about this product .
My main concern would be that this stuff removes latex paint so it might be too strong for car finish and wax remover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts