Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 17, and needs a first car. We are a family of mostly beetle owners, but a friend of ours has a 2003 Accent that he is ready to haul to the scrap yard due to a no start issue. Car is in beautiful shape with 120K otherwise, and I can't see a good car go to waste, so I'd like to take a crack at it.

I know it has a new battery, and the crank sensor replaced...but not much else about the car. Is this a known issue in the older Accents? Is there a place I should start looking?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the accent forum for a better response...........however we will need more detail to be able to help you. does the engine crank over normally? if so is there a spark at the spark plugs? is there fuel at the injectors? etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome. Yes, it does crank normally. There is spark at the plugs, not sure about fuel in the injectors, car is sitting five hours from me and I hopefully will be heading up this weekend.

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (kgirlsbug @ Jul 8 2010, 01:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339731
Thanks for the kind welcome. Yes, it does crank normally. There is spark at the plugs, not sure about fuel in the injectors, car is sitting five hours from me and I hopefully will be heading up this weekend.
Has it had the scheduled maintenance?

Check for MIL codes.

It could be any number of things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.