Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I have a little post repair issue I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I just replaced a crankshaft position sensor (genuine hyundai part, not aftermarket) in my 2015 Elantra 1.8 liter. Since the replacement my car bucks hard when shifting from first gear to second. Before you ask, 1. YES, I did disconnect the battery prior to replacing the sensor, and 2. NO, I do not currently have an engine light, or any other idiot lights, illuminated. Could this be an issue with the computer re-learning?

Thanks in advance :)

Steve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know the answer but thank you for your service!
Thank you for yours.

I think I figured out the problem. Took another look at the sensor while I was at work and actually had access to a pit. Turns out I didn't have the new sensor seated all the way. As my Comms Sgt always said "Rule #1: check to see if you're a moron." Guess in this case...yep...I'm the moron lol.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Thank you for yours.

I think I figured out the problem. Took another look at the sensor while I was at work and actually had access to a pit. Turns out I didn't have the new sensor seated all the way. As my Comms Sgt always said "Rule #1: check to see if you're a moron." Guess in this case...yep...I'm the moron lol.
Don’t feel bad! My flight instructo’s Rule #1 was: “Son, if you ever manage to get this thing up in the air by yourself, you’ll get killed”!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts