Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fell in love with these bucket seats & i wanna order a pair but i dont know if the accent has seat rails yet.

does anybody know where i can get rails & also do u know where i can get a hub so i can put this woodgrain wheel on

:liebe011:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ THIS

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
As far as I know, there are no bolt on seat rails or hub adapter available. You should be able to modify a set of rails to fit as it's a fairly standard setup (4 bolts at each corner of the OEM seat rail).

You do know that removing an airbag is illegal and in the event of a crash that would deploy the bags, you could be in deep trouble? Especially if you have bags in the seats and your passenger is injured.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Nov 23 2010, 08:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374334
As far as I know, there are no bolt on seat rails or hub adapter available. You should be able to modify a set of rails to fit as it's a fairly standard setup (4 bolts at each corner of the OEM seat rail).

You do know that removing an airbag is illegal and in the event of a crash that would deploy the bags, you could be in deep trouble? Especially if you have bags in the seats and your passenger is injured.

meh,ill take my chances.

the accent is really only gonna be for autocrossing & shows anyway.

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Nov 23 2010, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374334
This. Plus even if you don't have airbags in the seat, changing the seats can often affect the deployment of the airbag in the column. They design it for the OEM seat only. But whatever you do - don't hack up the seat rail or cheap out on a replacement. Get it professionally done by people who put safety concerns first or don't do it at all. Changing the rails is all well and good until they rip out from the force of a collision and you bounce around the cabin like a ping pong ball because they (or you) butchered it up or got a 5 dollar Chinese rail made out of tinfoil and paper mache.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Naky @ Nov 23 2010, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374354
This. Plus even if you don't have airbags in the seat, changing the seats can often affect the deployment of the airbag in the column. They design it for the OEM seat only. But whatever you do - don't hack up the seat rail or cheap out on a replacement. Get it professionally done by people who put safety concerns first or don't do it at all. Changing the rails is all well and good until they rip out from the force of a collision and you bounce around the cabin like a ping pong ball because they (or you) butchered it up or got a 5 dollar Chinese rail made out of tinfoil and paper mache.

i agree.

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (audobon @ Nov 23 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374315
i fell in love with these bucket seats & i wanna order a pair but i dont know if the accent has seat rails yet.

does anybody know where i can get rails & also do u know where i can get a hub so i can put this woodgrain wheel on

:liebe011:
I am hoping someone will do this so I can see how it goes. I was thinking about a new steering wheel since I got the car... lol

Dave

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought i was crazy wanting a new wheel & bucket seats haha.

thanks for the help grip & f1

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I'd personally settle for a set of Tiburon seats. OEM and supportive without being over the top. Cloth or leather available. I'd go with cloth, I hate leather seats. Burning hot in summer, cold as ice in winter and slippery at all times

And some have side airbags.

Yummy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Nov 24 2010, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374499
I'd personally settle for a set of Tiburon seats. OEM and supportive without being over the top. Cloth or leather available. I'd go with cloth, I hate leather seats. Burning hot in summer, cold as ice in winter and slippery at all times

And some have side airbags.

Yummy.
I'm almost positive that someone on this forum at some point put in Tiburon seats, but I know for SURE that someone put in some Acura ones. Problem is, I can't remember enough of those threads to see if it was a direct swap. I believe it was, but I'm sure as heck not going to buy a salvage seat for 300 bucks just to see if may or may not swap.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i would do tibby seats,but i rather have some bucket seats with a 4 point harness and all that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts