Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 SFS limited 2.4L and I loved it so much we bought a 2015 SFS Ultimate and I absolutely love the power of the Turbo. The car has 40,500 miles on it and the remainder of BtB warranty and 10 YR 100,000 mile power train. This AM I was driving to work (after having it 5 days) and noticed a BSD cancelled message with a triangle. I could not reset it and the settings button on the main screen did nothing. I pulled into a parking spot, turned off the car then back on and it was fine. Drove it at lunch and nothing. We had my wife's car since 2015 and never had this happen....it's essentially the same car other than the turbo and Firmware on the GPS/Radio.

I researched this online and some people said it happens a few times a year, others never and some say it happens all the time. One thing I did notice was my rear bumper was littered with salt because of the snow we had Monday.

Also, I read there was a S/W update for this problem but only allowed you to turn off the annoying message?

Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It can be caused by a heavy buildup of road salt and dirt on the exterior of the vehicle. I live up in Erie County and on an occasion or two over 4 years mine has gone unavailable or I noticed that it was not reliable-No warning for vehicle in blind spot. Beyond that there could be something intermittent going on. Unfortunately, not much can be done without a hard failure (Issue is present) when taken in for diagnostics.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be caused by a heavy buildup of road salt and dirt on the exterior of the vehicle. I live up in Erie County and on an occasion or two over 4 years mine has gone unavailable or I noticed that it was not reliable-No warning for vehicle in blind spot. Beyond that there could be something intermittent going on. Unfortunately, not much can be done without a hard failure (Issue is present) when taken in for diagnostics.

That's what I was afraid of....

BTW, where are the sensors located? I believe I read they're behind the bumper on either end?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe limited
193 Posts
I had a similar thing occur when I once had to make a quick lane change which immediately activated the lane change sensor beep. I assumed it was because I was just to close to the car in the right lane when I made the move.
It also disappeared once I turned the car off.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was heavy salt build up on the bumper. However, I only cleared the back up sensors (out of curiosity) and all was good again.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The back up sensors (Round ultrasonic discs) are not in any way related to the blind side detection system. Those are usually mounted in the quarter panels, at least on GM vehicles.

I should check myself on my first comment though as I am not sure if those two systems are tied together, and by that I mean that if the parking sensors are disabled, does that set the same message and disable the BSD as well? They "should" be two independent systems, but I have seen stranger things...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would occasionally experience a BSD cancellation on my 2016. It ended up being caused by interference from the trailer wire harness routing. Dealer repositioned the harness and problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This just started with our Tucson Turbo 2017. Doesn't go away. Can't see anything on the screen since it stays up there. Can turn off the vehicle. Come back and turn it on where the back up will work. Once it is put into drive the yellow lights all over the screen come up and the BSD not working comes up.
Anyone have this issue fixed?
If so how? All I've read says the dealers can't fix or just keep resetting the computer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Funny that I should see this today, I just got back from getting this fixed under warranty. I had several times when my Blind Spot System would fail and give me the warning to check the system. No matter how many times the car was turned on or off even unhooked the battery the warning never went away. Also the button to turn on or off would not work. Took it in 3 times and they kept saying it needed to be calibrated. Note that the first 2 times this happened while pulling my boat (wider than my car) They then told me that I need to turn it off to pull my boat....oh because I guess I don't need to care what is beside me while pulling a 17ft boat lol. Anyways the last two times I had it deactivated while pulling the boat and it still failed. This time I left the car and they ended up replacing the one module. We will see if that fixed it....or if I can pull my boat with it on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts